Chapter 55: Fluff & Stuff

EMILY POV:
I get woken up by a blonde haired, blue eyed baby girl sitting on my stomach and poking my face.

"What the hell..." I groan, causing Brighton to giggle. I smile at how she knows what that means at such a young age.

"When did you get in here?" I ask her, smiling. Even though she has no idea what I'm talking about.

"Mum!" She says. Alison insists they say 'mum' instead of 'mom' because when they say 'mom' is sounds too grown up. I roll my eyes at the thought.

"Brighton Blue!" I say back in the same tone, and she giggles again. She sounds just like Alison. I love it.

"Mama." She says, pointing to the blonde laying next to me.

I smile, and pick the baby up, sitting her in the space between Ali and I.

I get out of bed, leaving Ali and Brighton so I can go to the bathroom.

As soon as I sit on the toilet, I see a little baby hand appear under the door.

"Mum!" Brighton shrieks.

I hurry, and wash my hands and open the door to the smiling baby sitting on the floor.

"Shhh! You'll wake up mama!" I whisper-yell, and put my finger on her lips.

She pushes my hand away with her tiny fists as she laughs.

I go and sit back down on the bed, and I look at Ali. I put Brighton next to her, and the little baby climbs on top of her.

Ali stirs, but doesn't wake up.

I watch curiously as Brighton sits on Alison's back, and leans close to her ear.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, and go to grab Brighton, but it's too late.

"MAMA!" Brighton screeches into a sleeping Ali's ear.

Ali shoots her head up, moving to sit in the bed, causing Brighton to fall face first into the mattress.

"What the hell?!" Alison shouts, and baby laughter fills the room.

Brighton laughs into the pillows and blankets, trying to pick her head up, but she can't because of how much she's laughing.

I look at the doorway, and I see Anderson, Emerson, and Levi all standing there laughing.

"What time is it?" Alison nearly roars out, making Brighton go wide-eyed from fear.

"8:07." I laugh out, watching as the tiny blonde baby struggles to crawl over to me in her footie pajamas, climbing over pillows and blankets.

Alison looks at her, and makes an annoyed look before scooping Brighton into her arms.

"Mum!" Levi yells, running over to me.

I turn, and grab him as I watch Brighton wrestling with Alison, thrashing around, kicking her legs and swinging her arms, trying to get out of Alison's hold on her.

"Mama didn't mean to scare you." Ali soothes the baby. "I'm just not a morning person. You'll see." She adds, as Brighton turns her head and gives Ali her signature look.

Which is pursing her lips, and scrunching up her face.

Emerson and Anderson have also now joined us in the bed.

Brighton looks at Ali, and blue meets blue.

"She's giving me the look." Ali says to me.

"That's not my problem." I say, throwing back my hands.

Ali sighs, and looks at me.

"She's waiting." I say to Ali.