40. Her happiness

Sameer's POV,

"I was so scared daddy" Inaaya mumble still holding me tightly. We were laying on her bed cuddling.

"Don't be. I'm here" I said kissing her head. Even though I was scared as hell. And after seeing Adiba make it even worst. My heart still beating like it would burst out anytime.

She was here. And she saw Inaaya. She even met her in Paris and this all makes me sick.

Why she came here? Is she came after inaaya? Is she following us? Is she trying to take away my daughter from me?

The thought makes me shudder. I held inaaya tightly. "You were also scared" I heard inaaya said. It was not a question. I look down at her she was already looking at me.

"You are my world, baby. Obviously, I was scared" I said kissing her again.

"Sorry, daddy. I won't do it again" inaaya said.

I know Adiba will try to meet inaaya again. strangely, her eyes were showing the pain and longing.

"Inu" I called her after some time. She hummed and stared at me.

"If you again see that woman who helped you today, you would be away from her and would tell daddy immediately, am I clear?" I asked with a soft and stern tone both.

"Okay" she nodded

"Now sleep" I patted her head few times before she dozen off. I lay her carefully covering her with blankets and after giving her last peck on her forehead I walk out of the room.

I went to my room and took out a cigarette. I avoid it as much I could because of inaaya but when something becomes overwhelming I couldn't resist.

I sat on the chair remembering Adiba's face. She had tears and shock look on her face which indicates that she was unaware that inaaya is our...my daughter.

But then again her face and eyes know how to deceive.

She's married sameer and has her own family. She doesn't need you and your daughter.

I broken chuckled left my mouth and eyes filled with pain. I was considering myself and my daughter that lucky to get Adiba... The Adiba to chase after us.

Even though I didn't need her not I want her in my life but the thought of her being with someone else still had the power to burn my soul. Although I didn't have any rights to feel that way still I couldn't help.

I lean on the sofa and close my eyes after god knows how many cigarettes trying to get some rest but her face didn't want to leave my mind. I've convinced myself after I came back from Paris that I didn't care about her I didn't need her I will be happy with my daughter then why she has to came back? why Allah? Why can't this pain go away?

A lone tear escape from the corner of my eyes. And that was my last thought before I dozen off.

**********

Adiba's POV,

"Adiba think about it one more time"

"I don't want to," I said while shoving my things in my handbag.

"Sarmad won't like this" her worried voice makes my stomach churn.

"She's my daughter and I won't let anyone come between us. She needs me." I declared in a final tone.

"You can't just bark into their life again Adiba. This time sameer will destroy you" she warned me. I felt dread in my stomach as I remember Sameer's words.