55. letting out.

Assalamualaikum.

A long chapter of the book.

Enjoy❤

Adiba's POV

We went to the park and Inaaya was enjoying like she was seeing everything first time. Sameer and I stood there watching her as she was talking with few children in her excitement.

"I had brought her here a few times but she never left my hand and kept staring at the people. She bugged me to let's go home or let's go for ice cream but staying here was never in her heart" Sameer said staring at Inaaya again causing a stung pain shot through my heart. A sorrowful lump form in my throat thinking about the suffering my daughter had to go through.

"It was past. I can't change anything. If I could, trust me I would." I turn to him fully. He was still staring at Inaaya with a distant look as if he was living that every moment again. I held his hand and intertwined our fingers, even though he did not attempt to hold me back I was happy that he didn't pull it back either. I held his hand tightly. He turns his face toward me "I promise you sameer. I will give our Inaaya every once of happiness in this world if I could. I will sacrifice my life over and over again for both of you. You and inaaya is my whole world. My happiness, my family." I confessed staring at him with a smile on my face. He softly removes his hand away from me and turns again to look inaaya who was coming toward us with a bright smile on her face.

My heart sank seeing his lack of reaction after my heartfelt confession. It was clear he didn't believe me. He didn't trust my single word. Blinking my eyes a few times to hold back my tears I turn to inaaya.

"Daddy I want icecream" inaaya exclaimed. Sameer smiles at her and picks her up.

"Then let's go" with that he began walking with me trailing behind them.

Suddenly I felt someone was staring at us. Looking behind I search for anyone suspicious but found none.  Shrugging I walk behind them but the feeling being watched still there.

We went to the small ice cream shop and took sit on the table outside while sameer went to buy ice cream for us. Inaaya come to me and sat on my lap.

"Mama, I'm tired" she mumbled snuggling in my chest. My heart warms up like every time I hugged her closet to my heart.

"Then, let's go home. We will have Ice Cream tomorrow" I suggested stroking her hair. She shook her head.

"No, I want to have ice cream and a selfie with you and daddy holding ice cream" she demanded glancing at me with a smile on her face and that's when sameer come with icecream in his hand. He was holding two strawberry and one chocolate ice cream cup in his hand.

Giving one to inaaya he places one in front of me. I smile knowing he still remembered my favourite flavour.

He sat opposite to me and inaaya but as inaaya wanted to take selfies she forced sameer to stand behind our chair. With that, she began her picture session until she took -according to her- best family picture.

After that, we went home and call it for the night.

*********

I woke up hearing the mobile ringing sound. Crawling toward the table I pick up the mobile which was continuously ringing. But it was Sameer's mobile and the person who was calling was Amsha.

But before I could pick up sameer snatched his phone from my hand. He just came out of the shower and was in his black pants and a white shirt.

I blink and rub my eyes watching him going toward the table. "I'm coming... Bye," he hung up the call and shoved his mobile in his pocket. Taking out his watch he wore it and then his black leather jacket.