Chapter | One

Nineteen years earlier

        My entire world just shattered when seeing Becca in front of me, holding a gun and aiming right between the eyes of Salvatore

Somewhere in the back of my head, I've always known she can't stay away, and right now, having her here, alone but looking all enraged and ready to save her man, makes all things feel right.

God, she's cute!

I still wonder where the fuck Mike is, or Marciano, and how the hell has she managed to get in here before they have.

I know they are not far. They can't be! And I know my wife inside-out. I'm pretty sure she has escaped them somehow.

But beyond her cuteness, her green eyes swimming in tears and glaring at me, break my heart into millions of pieces.

I wished I could find the strength to stand up, grab her and run away, but I'm all black and blue and my right shoulder is pierced with a bullet, making me bleed for the past hour, and I'm fucking tied up!

"Becca, get out of here!" I shout at her with renewed powers.

Fuck, this woman can wake me up even if I'm dead!

"Only if I take you with me," I hear her saying.

She's stubborn! She's a fucking spoiled, stubborn young woman and that's what I love about her but not right now, not in these circumstances.

"With the next bullet I will not miss you, Salvatore," is the last thing I hear from her mouth before a fucking hell of shootings erupts around us and all I care about right now is the woman I love, the mother of my child, my life, my breath... my forever.

The more I look around, the higher my anxiety grows because I can't see her anymore between broken glasses and black shadows jumping in and shooting left and right.

I duck and growl in pain when a bullet burns the flesh of my leg. Thank God is only that.

I can survive this. I can still get out of here, alive, and go back to my family.

Nothing serious.

I can survive this.

I keep searching for Becca around the room through the rain of bullets and finally, next to the exit I see Mike crouched, covering someone, shooting every moving target around.

When our eyes finally meet, it takes us only a second to understand each other. I know he has Becca covered, and I nod at him, signaling that he can let me be and take her out.

I don't care about myself, I can survive this. Right now I only need Becca away from here and I need her to keep herself fucking safe.

She's carrying our baby, for fuck's sake!