Chapter | Final

"I just can't understand why I'm not coming with you!" I say, throwing my hands in the air and pacing around the bedroom

It's a chilly morning in Napoli and Enzo has the silly idea that I mustn't get out in the cold weather for something he can handle.

"Eve, it's going to take me less than ten minutes. You don't need to come. Besides..." he tries to reason, pulling his shirt collar up so I can fix his tie.

My heart clenches and I feel tears forming in my eyes, but I don't give in. I suck them back and walk towards him.

"Give me that," I say, grabbing the tie from his hand with a nervous pull and shoving it on his head, lifting myself on the toes to reach properly and fix it around his neck while his hungry eyes glued to my face with a smile plastered on his face, irises staring and rolling with each of my moves.

"You're cute when you're angry," he compliments, and I roll my eyes with an irritated look but a giddy heart while working on his tie.

He's so sweet when he's saying that.

He grabs my head with his hands and bends over, capturing my lips in a soft, long, toe-curling kiss.

"Thank you, love," he says when I'm done with his tie, looking deeply into my eyes with such love that it almost cuts my knees weak but doesn't make me give up my stubborn request.

"I want to come," I pout again, all melted in that sexy kiss while my hormones jump around like popcorns.

"I know you want to, but you don't need to..." he replies in a hoarse voice, which doesn't help at all my gradual arousal.

His words are brought to a halt by the door opening and a cheerful Emillia showing up, right hand holding her lollipop and the left arm lifted, hardly reaching the doorknob.

She doesn't grace her father with any look, but instead, she walks straight to me, curling her free arm around my leg.

"Sono pronto, Papi," she says, and those few words hit the drums of my ear like hammers, pushing my tears out while I bend and lift her in my arms, trying to hide my tearful eyes from her. (I'm ready, Daddy).

"Eve, non sei pronta?" she asks, searching for my eyes and pushing my face towards hers with her little sticking palm with the lollipop sugar. (Eve, aren't you ready?)

"Eve cannot come, principessa," Enzo replies leisurely putting on his suit jacket and looking mouthwatering sexy. Like always. (Princess)

"I want Eve to come," she replies in the same snappy manner.

"But she can't come," Enzo replies, in a voice one tone higher.

"No! I want Eve to come," she insists, and Enzo rolls his eyes while my tearing ones are wiggling their eyebrows at him.