Chapter | Forty-nine 🔞

        There are two months since I've brought Eve to my estate

        There are two months since I've brought Eve to my estate. I will never leave her out of my sight, won't risk anything. Ever.

My wound heals nicely, barely leaving a dark spot on my skin, one that Eve has made a habit of kissing every night before we go to sleep.

Her womb, on another hand, is my heaven. She's almost five months far and it's showing now through almost anything she would wear.

We're having a quiet life, I've been involved as little as possible with my businesses, Alex has taken over and he's doing a great job while Eve and I are spending most of the time together, her, exaggerating in taking care of me, and I pretending to let myself in her care.

She enjoys it too much and she's really cute doing it. And I'm okay with it because, in the change of that, I can control what she's doing, making sure she feeds herself, has regular walks, usually on the seaside where we both loved to walk and sometimes sleep.

Morning sickness is over, she has had none in the past month and I swear it's a blessing.

It has been ripping my heart every time I would join her in the bathroom, holding her hair up and rubbing my hand on her back,  unable to do anything to make her feel better. It's a hollow feeling, dreading inside and draining all confidence of wishing myself her protector. And I hate that.

The weather is amazing this time of the year in Napoli and Eve has proposed this morning to spend some time at the pool after lunch. The perfect place and moment for my plans.

Laying on the sunbed next to the pool, I pull out from my pocket the small black box with the ring.

Yeah, the ring. I've recovered the pink diamond engagement ring. And my partners in the deal with the diamonds haven't agreed on sharing the shipment in two, so we've split it in three and prepared some fat gifts for them for being fair.

Eve curls her arms around my neck, placing a kiss on my head, just in time for me to hide the box back in my pocket.

"Enjoying the weather?" she asks, trailing kisses on my neck and I grab one of her hands to pull her around the sunbed and place her on my lap.