Chapter | Six

"Pumpkin, dinner is ready!" my dad shouts from downstairs

I'm still laying on my back, eyes pinned to the ceiling, waiting for them to call me for dinner while I don't want to go downstairs for this dinner, terrified to meet again the man I'm daydreaming about and who I find to be extremely desirable. I can hardly understand myself.

I feel it's wrong to spend more time than it's strictly necessary around uncle Enzo, and therefore I've chosen to retire to my old room until dinner is ready, but it's not him I'm hiding from. It's my parents who must have sensed already the uncontrollable tension that grasps me when Enzo is around.

What will my parents think if they know I'm attracted by uncle Enzo, that his kisses and touches make me feel in ways that my heart says are right but my brain says they are so wrong?

How my father will feel about his lifelong friend desiring his daughter in the most shameless ways? What Enzo would do if he knew how I felt about him?

That allurement for each other is pretty strange and down straight forbidden, less to talk about the flirting he has tried earlier today.

I mean, it was cute ... well, better than cute... kind of... I liked it. And it's not right.

I shouldn't like it. He's my uncle. He's the one that, equally to my dad has treated me all my life like I'm his own child.

Well... bullocks! He's not actually my real uncle, but he's my mom's age. And he can very well be my father. And he is my dad's best friend.

But he is not my father. And he is not my uncle. And he is damn gorgeous. Like really charming.

Tall, thin but still toned and worked out body, those black, big eyes gazing at me, making me shiver, and his gorgeous smile with perfect white teeth and plump lips that are messing with my insides every time they kiss my knuckles, making me wonder how would it be if he forgets just for a moment who I am and has his way with me.

Because that is definitely what I want from the moment I've met him at the airport.

'What the hell is going on with me?' I say to myself, snapping you of my thoughts, gradually sinking in frustration and confusion, conflicting thoughts reigning in my brain.

"Oh, God!" I grunt and roll on my right side, feeling trapped by all these feelings that keep tormenting me and growing no matter how much I try to ignore them.

'Uncle Enzo my ass' I mumble Pepa's words. Enzo! He's just Enzo. I don't want to feel like those dirty uncle's girls (whatever the hell that means), feeling the way I feel around him and calling him uncle at the same time.

"Eve, are you coming, love?" mom shouts this time and I crawl out of the bed, not very keen to join them for dinner but quite vexed to see Enzo again, butterflies battering all over my chest in the predicament of seeing him.