Chapter | Eight

"I don't see why you two cannot be together, Eve," Pepa finally says, and I raise my eyes to her just to see the most honest expression she ever had

        "I don't see why you two cannot be together, Eve," Pepa finally says, and I raise my eyes to her just to see the most honest expression she ever had. "Eve, your parents shouldn't be the ones to decide for you. Not anymore. If you both feel the same why the hell not?"

"You think?" I ask full of hope and grateful that there is at least one person around me who thinks that Enzo and I are not some abominable results of our sick desire for one for the other and we can give ourselves the chance to live our passion or... God knows what it's going to be.

I dream of him as my boyfriend. I fancy him as the man to finally have me the way I desire.

I knew he was the one from the moment his hands wrapped around me in the airport.

In just a few hours my entire life turned in a way I would have never imagined, and I was eager for that life, I longed for it as a baby child longs for his mother's breast so it can feed and grow strong and healthy.

Pepa cups my cheek with one hand and shifts my eyes towards her stare.

"What I think is that you should take it easy on yourself. And allow yourself to be happy. And if that means being with Enzo... so be it," she says confidently and shrugging her shoulders. "And I also think you need a night out. And a drink. Which is exactly what we're going to do tonight."

Oh, I need a crazy night out! And a drink. Something to make me numb, like a reboot of my brain, and then maybe, just maybe I'll see the things differently, maybe clearer.

Because for now, Enzo is a big no for me and a painful desire at the same time. He's the man that attracts me like no other and the one that awakens in me the need to be loved and cared for.

"Come on, let's get sexy and knock the door out," Pepa rushes me and stands up, smacking my butt lightly.

Two hours later we are both freshly showered, perfumed, dressed, and ready to go.

Unlike other times, choosing what to wear, and adding makeup and accessories to complete the outfit has been hectic and consuming.

Strange how nothing seems sexy enough for a night I'm having no expectations of. It's just a girl's night out and I truly hope a lot of booze.

I'm trying clothes for the past two hours and Pepa is shouting at me for the past one, so I just keep the last outfit I've tried, a silver short dress with a length to my mid-hip, naked back and low-cut neck, black high heels, just enough to break one's ankle, and hair arranged in perfect rings around my face, making me feel like a little girl, a perfect antagonism to my outfit.

Make-up? I've changed it three times and barely decided on just a bloody red lipstick.

"Eve, we have one before we go?" Pepa says when hearing me coming downstairs, twisting on her heels and grinning at me from the kitchen, holding two shots of whiskey in each of her hands.