Chapter | Twenty-five

Jason's jaw drops to the floor, staring back at me, short of words

"I feel to leave this place for a while," I continue, struggling to look impassive as if this is not a fucking bomb that has just landed in my kitchen.

"Wow," is all Jason can say and continues filling the plates with food.

"And when did you decide that?" he asks, sitting on the island next to me and placing breakfast in front of us.

My nostrils arch, feeling the stomach coming up to my throat at the smell of the food.

I swallow hard and try to hold strong against this nausea coming all over me like a tsunami in Bali.

"Last night," I try to speak but my words come out only as a heavy breath rolling out on my lips and I slap my hand on the mouth, eyeing the bathroom door while I stand up and run to it.

"Oh, my God," I mumble crouching next to the toilet and letting myself empty from the... nothing that I have in my stomach.

God knows what it is because dinner has been skipped last night and all I have in my system are the chocolate bars I've eaten before reaching mom yesterday.

I feel my hair pulled up and a hand rubbing up and down on my back while I struggle to finish and avoid the embarrassment.

My groans come from the depth of my lungs, and I sob with tears springing out of my eyes while my throat stings.

When I feel having enough of my beautiful show of mess, I sit on the floor, panting and looking back at Jason who is wetting a towel at the sink.

"Jesus, Eve..." he mumbles visibly shuttered at my sight.

He crouches next to me and begins cleaning my face with the warm towel, brushing it lightly on the skin, refreshing me while my eyes stare at his worried face.

"This is not good, Eve," he speaks without sparing me a look, being too busy cleaning me up and pushing my hair back.

His face is tensed and his eyebrows frown, making him look so very pretty.

I smile, and his eyes lock with mine for a few good moments.

"Well, then it's good I'm leaving. You won't have to see me this way because trust me, it's going to be a lot," I laugh weakly back at him.

"You're not leaving alone, Eve. In which fantasy of yours do you think Lucas won't burn the earth to find you? Oh, you're so cute to believe in fairytales," he says, widening his eyes, staring in such a serious look that it makes me feel he means business.

"I won't be alone, Jason. I'm planning to go to my aunt Feli," I clarify it for him and try to stand up.

I know it's going to be quite a piece of news for everybody and even I feel it's a radical decision, but I need this, although the unknown is frightening me.