Chapter | Twenty-seven 🔞

        I turn on the engine and exit the mansion premises, driving towards the city, and before I can wrap my head around the events of the evening, I find myself driving on the road towards Eve's place

I park the car in the basement and walk sloppily to the elevator, buzzing her apartment.

"Who is it?" her sweet voice comes through the intercom.

"Let me up, Eveline," I say and wait.

A few moments pass, the intercom still on, no other words said, just a steel silence and my heavy breath.

I give her time even though anger builds up in my chest and a lump is choking me.

"Eveline..." I say in a rather threatening tone, but before I finish the elevator buzzes and I see the button to her floor activated.

I press it, closing the doors, the elevator ascending to her penthouse, while I pinch the bridge of my nose, eager to finally reach her home.

It lasts fucking forever. My hands are shaking with anticipation of holding her, finally feeling her velvety skin, grabbing her in my arms.

I've missed her like a dog, her beautiful sight never leaving my mind and now I come back to find this beautiful Eve shuttering my all senses while breathing the same air with her.

The doors of the elevator open to her living room where I see Jason standing up from the sofa.

Now, I know Lucas trusts him with Eve's life, but this kid is really pissing me off living in here, in the same house with my girl.

"Don Enzo..." he says, coming closer and nodding his head to me, somehow blocking my way in.

"Leave us, Jason," I tell him, walking past him and limping through the room, searching for Eve rolling my eyes through the space.

"Don Enzo..." he tries to protest, little fucking piece of shit.

"Leave, Jason!" I roar in the room's silence while my hand snaps to the belt where my gun is.