Chapter | Thirty-eight

"Mamma

        "Mamma..." I mumble, staring at her like she's some kind of ghost, searching behind her and expecting more surprises.

Maybe my dad, maybe Enzo. My heart races faster with each second passing by, having my mom right in front of my eyes glaring at me with so much kindness.

"Hi, sweetheart," she says shyly, walking in one step to pull me into a warm hug.

I wrap my arms around her neck and hold her tight, so tight that I can feel her breath hitching.

Seeing her in front of me makes me realize just how much I've missed my mom and how much I'm really missing dad.

Gathering her powers and encouraged by my hug, she bursts into a spree of kisses all over my face, caressing my hair and pushing it back behind my ears.

"Let me see you," she says, her green eyes pooling in tears. "You look beautiful, my baby," she speaks and hugs me again.

"Becks?" I hear aunt Feli in my back and we both turn around facing a shocked Feli and an oblivious Emillia, standing next to her aunt and holding hands, never missing the damn lollipop from her left hand, still busying herself with the candy, wearing a new clean pinkish dress.

"Feli..." mom says and walks in, passing by me and curling her arms around her neck.

They hug each other long, like ten years of missing each other long, and they shed tears while I feel Jason coming next to me, one of his arms wrapping protectively around my waist, and I can feel his muscles stiffing.

"What's going on?" he whispers in my ear, pressing his chest on my back, making sure he has me close enough in case he needs to fetch me and run.

Where's mom, definitely there's dad as well. And Jason knows that.

"I guess I'm not hiding anymore," I mumble with a sigh, still in awe for having my mom, flesh, and bones in front of me, whispering things with aunt Feli.

"You look good, Becks," aunt Feli says when they are done hugging and kissing.

"Thank you. You're shining like always," mom replies, and I feel a small arm wrapping around my leg.

Looking down, I see Emillia glued to my left leg, looking at the two women in front of us, me, still in shock and her completely detached.

"Your mamma is beautiful," she says, and I bend over to lift her on my right hip, her short arms barely curling around my neck.

"She is, isn't she?" I say proudly and meet mom's eyes again, swimming in more tears now, looking at me as if I'm her entire world.

She walks back to me, cupping my cheek with one hand.

"It suits you so well, sweetheart," she says, and I'm pretty sure she speaks about me holding Emillia in my arms. "And who this little angel might be?" mom asks, pinching Emilia's cheek.