Chapter | Forty-seven

Leaving the hospital room where Eve is recovering, I see Emillia running through the corridor in front of Feli, straight to me, hands stretched, one holding a lollipop, of course

I swear this girl is a bag without a bottom when it comes to lollipops.

"Papi!" she shouts while I crouch, unbuttoning my suit jacket and reaching my arms to her. (Dad).

She jumps in, curling her little arms around my neck and planting her sticky lips on my cheeks in a kiss.

"Ciao, principessa. Come stai?" I ask my little bun of lollipops, standing up and holding her with my left arm while pushing her messy hair away from her eyes with my right one. (Hi, princess. How are you?)

"Bene, grazie," she says, sticking the lollipop in her mouth. "Papi, dov'e Eve?" she asks, looking around, searching for her. (Good. Thank you) (Where is Eve?)

Feli finally reaches to us, and we kiss our cheeks (us, Italians... we really kiss a lot, I swear).

"Ciao, caro. Come e Eve?" she asks while Emillia curls an arm around her head, pulling us both in something that wants to be a hug but we end up in a damn uncomfortable gathering, nose to nose, ear to ear. (Hi darling. How is Eve?).

And I melt like butter looking into my daughter's eyes right here and now.

"She's good, they're both good," I reply, filled with gratitude that I can finally say that.

"Papi, aunt Feli taught me new words. You want to hear?" Emillia says shoving the candy in her mouth. (Daddy).

"Later, principessa. Papi has some work now. Will you watch Eve for me till I come back?" I ask her, giving her a serious look, making her feel the most important. (Princess)

"Papi, can we keep Eve? She's beautiful," she says and my heart clenches in a pitiful sorrow. (Daddy).

It should be the other way around. Eve and I should keep Emillia, and I think it's time to take my daughter away from that bitch of a mother she has.

I do believe the best place for a child is with its mother, but I'm afraid I've been wrong about leaving my daughter with that slut.

She never wanted to leave the club where she was working. She said she likes it, rubbing her cunt on sleazy men, dancing her pussy around, getting high and drunk whenever she felt like it.

But I must say, Feli was my savior. She did a great job keeping Emillia around her home rather than the cave where her mother lived.

Of course, she could come and see her daughter whenever she wanted, but as I understood that rarely happened, dancing and getting high at night, sleeping her ass off during the day.

And Emillia rarely asked to go to her mother which was my greatest delight.

I kept myself away because every time I visited my daughter the slut would come over to me, all bitchy and sticky, thinking she would wrap me up and get a warm place in my bed.