Chapter | Five

"Give me those keys

        "Give me those keys. I missed riding this old lady," he says and I do just that, throwing him the key while I open the back door so he can put his bag in.

I walk around the car toward the passenger's seat and before I grab the handle of the door Enzo runs ahead of me and opens it gallantly.

"Why, thank you," I tell him naughtily in a Texan accent.

Not that I have any connection with the south but the way he courteously has opened the door for me has made it a perfect fit for Scarlett and Rhett in their southern love story.

"Such a gentleman," I mumble, smiling and taking my seat while Enzo unexpectedly bends to squeeze himself into the car and over my chest to fix my seatbelt.

How can someone, old enough to be my father, be so drop-dead sexy, sucking me into a whirlpool of sensations while stabs of arousal cross me with every breath I take?

I inhale deeply when my nostrils are invaded by his scent and I close my eyes sniffing long and deep into my lungs, unbelievably enjoying the closeness of his body to mine.

Well, uncle Enzo proves to be the surprise of my life. He doesn't look changed and still, he's a different Enzo than the one I remember. Or maybe it's just me that has changed and looked at him differently.

"Now, tesoro, ready for the ride?" he asks, smiling broadly at me, with a meaning that has ravished my insides while my eyes are glued to him. (Sweetheart).

Waiting for no reply and living me lost in this intoxicating vibe, he runs around the car after closing my door, takes his seat at the steering wheel, and opens the top of my dad's convertible coupe.

I stare at him in awe and I'm pretty sure he can read my dumb thoughts all over my face while I'm wondering which ride he means because right now I feel like riding him, right here and now.

And if I'm that smart as my dad says, I bet I've seen the same desire in his shining orbs, glaring at me while my cores become a mess of sensations.

"Readier than ever," I reply, smiling him back while he turns on the engine, pressing the gas paddle all the way to the floor and taking off in the screech of the wheels.

Our drive has been silent in the beginning, most probably both of us being deeply sunk in our thoughts, contemplating our intense and strange meeting of today.

We're taking turns in glancing at each other and smiles are spreading on our lips whenever our eyes meet.

Enzo looks much more composed than I am, though.

Don't judge me! Being around him in this vibrating tension is an experience unknown to me, melted in his stares, unable to form a coherent thought, but bright enough to understand that I have the same effect on him as he has on me.