Chapter | Thirteen 🔞

        I didn't go to school the next day

        I didn't go to school the next day. Enzo was supposed to tell dad about us going together to Italy, so I preferred to stay at my penthouse and wait for dad's call.

I knew he would call once he heard about it.

But the day passed as heavy, and silent as it started. Around noon Jason finally got the balls to call me back, but I rejected.

I don't feel to talk to anybody right now, much less to the one saying he can't handle me. Or my family.

And truth be told, I don't fret much about him being weak because he is out of my life just the way he wants. So, I don't see the purpose of his call, nor am I curious about what he has to say.

My stomach has been crimpy since morning, and I know I'll throw a tantrum at anybody trying to talk to me right now.

I ate nothing but chips and sweets all day, idling in front of the tv, switching Netflix on all genders, finding nothing to watch.

Around six in the evening, there was a knock at my door and I really hoped it was Enzo coming with the details of how my dad has taken the news about me wishing to travel.

I open the door with the widest smile I can spread on my face just to see mom standing in front of me with her usual royal air, smiling gracefully like a queen, guarded by no other than Jason, staying tall behind her.

I could never be my mother, nobody could have the grace she stands.

"Mamma," I mumble in wonder, staring at Jason all along, wondering what the hell is going on.

There is something very different about him. His puppy eyes are now hard and shining like a steal surface, and his lips are pressed into a thin line.

I can't wrap my head around the sight in front of me. What is mom doing with Jason? And why does it looks like I've never really known him?

"Hey, sweetheart," mom says with the sweetest smile she can wear, but I know her. There is tension behind it, squinting at me, her green eyes piercing mine.