Chapter | Thirty-three

"Benito, you're not getting a mile close to my daughter!" Lucas shouts while I'm leaping huge steps to the exit, pulling my phone out from the inside pockets of my suit jacket to make a call

"Mario, ho bisogno di poche persone per trovare qualcuno. Si chiama Eveline Tate ed è partita questa mattina per l'Italia. Ho bisogno di persone in tutti gli aeroporti di Roma e in altri luoghi con voli in coincidenza da NY," I give my orders in one breath, getting in my car with the very intention to leave and never face Becks again till I find Eve. (Mario, I need a few people to find someone. Her name is Eveline Tate, and she left this morning for Italy. I need people in all airports in Rome and all the other places that have connection flights from NY)

"Tate?"

"Don't question. Fucking do it, Mario! You have half an hour," I spit back at him. "I'll send you her picture."

"Sure, Enzo," he immediately agrees.

"Mario, nobody should know about this. Nobody. I can't risk having her a target with the shit that's going on over there. Nobody gets close to her, not even you. I only need to know where she is. At all times. E chiaro?," I tell him, my voice filled with anger and concern at the time. (Is it clear?)

"Cristallo, Enzo," he confirms and hangs up. (Crystal clear).

I shove the phone back into the inside pocket and escape a deep sigh, rubbing the hands on my face.

"Cazzo!" I hiss to myself, leaning my head back against the headrest. (Fuck!)

She has found the worst fucking possible moment to leave. I wouldn't have come close to her until she came to me. I would have given her the fucking time she kept nagging about. I would have done anything to keep here, in NY.

While I'm driving back to my office, the phone rings, and I connect it to the Bluetooth in the car.

"Benito."

"Enzo..." Becks speaks. Her voice is weak, and she sounds like crying.

"Yes, Becks," I reply coldly.

I'm angry with her. I'm angry with her and Lucas for being so fucking weak and playing along with Eve's tantrums.

"I want to ask you something," she says, but I feel she holds back tightly.

"Becks, if you're going to ask me not to search for Eve, you know my answer."

"No, no. That's not it," she sighs.

"What is it, then?" I ask, but she keeps being silent and it curls my nerves to the temples, locking my head in an iron grip like a vise.

"Becks, what is it?" but instead of an answer, she burst into a loud cry, filling the space of the car with piercing shouts.

I press the breaks and turn the car around on the spot, in the screech of the wheels, making my way back to the mansion.