05

☀︎

Grabbing a sharp plier from the perfectly aligned table of tools, I turn towards the exhausted man next to me. He is tied to a chair in this dark room, and I won't let go of him because of his knowledge. He knows where Mr. Romano's main residence is and I need that information, it's actually quite essential for me to know since I need to catch him without guards. 

Tapping the plier against the palm of my hand twice I smirk at him, "It's never easy to do this to anyone, you know? I don't wish any harm upon you and everything would be much easier if you decided to share what you know."

He shakes his head and his eyes flutter closed, based on the blood covering his entire body he must be tired by me slicing his skin open. "You are... a bitch," The weak tone of his has me laughing and I use the tool in hand to rip the first nail off his finger, he screams in horror, and I tut at him.

"Once again, you don't have to suffer through this," The mock empathy on my voice clearly scares him when his cold blue eyes meet mine.

"I was warned about you," He suddenly says, shaking his head.

Smiling sinisterly, "How delightful."

"Boss knows of you, he knows your name and is currently trying to locate you. He will kill you in a heartbeat," The threats do nothing to me, and I chuckle darkly.

"Darling, I was born with an insatiable desire for destruction, don't think you can perform mind games on me."

"You're a psychopath!" He screams at me and I smirk at the sight of him losing his temper, such a sweet little soul of desperation.

"I prefer creative."

Grabbing yet another one of his fingers he stiffens up in a panic, "Wait! If I tell you, will you spare my life?"

"Tell me and I'll consider it."

"He has a mansion in the middle of the woods, there isn't an address because of the government. It's placed next to-"

"You'll show me," I simply say and grab him. He won't resist my advances; he can't because of his loss of blood, it's draining him. 

The darkness has settled across the sky and I push him into the car outside, before sitting down in the driver's side and listening to his quiet directions. Suddenly, I pull to the side of the road roughly and cock my gun against his temple, he stiffens in fear, and his widened eyes cut to me. "If you're trapping me right now, I'll ensure that you and everyone you love will regret it for the rest of your lives. Then you won't be the only one missing limbs. Capito?" (Understand?).

He nods frantically in terror, "I got it. You're safe, this isn't a trap."

Not choosing to trust him, but deciding I need to find this house, we keep on going. After twenty minutes I pull onto a dark road and drive into a dense forest, a huge gate suddenly appears in front of me and I park the car instantly. 

Grabbing him I throw him onto the unforgiving ground in front of the gate, preparing my gun behind my back. The gates open and three guards step outside, by the sight of the man dying in front of me, they hurry in my direction and I pull my gun in theirs.

"Bring me Mr. Romano, now."

They stop and whisper amongst each other, one of them grabs a phone and dials a number. Not being able to hear what he says, he hangs up the phone and all of us stare at each other before the man of the hour steps out of the huge mansion in the distance. His confident and arrogant strides come closer and a sinister smirk etches onto my features, he seems so fucking full of himself, always.

His cold black eyes settle on me and he seems slightly surprised, "Miss Martinelli, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"You and I need to talk," I state. Mafias aren't unreasonable, if I ask for a conversation he will give me one and I get the chance of learning something new. I will know more of what's going on within the closed doors, possibly if he was around my hometown two years ago. This is the only opportunity for me to be certain he is the man I'm searching for.

"Then please join me," He says and gestures for me to walk towards the house. This can either go great or not so great, either way, I'm ready to fight for my life and what I believe in. Stepping over the wounded man on the ground, he grabs my ankle and I kick his head roughly on instinct.

Squatting down next to him I grab his chin forcefully between my hands, "I would kill you, but considering you broke omertá, I'm certain these guys will know exactly what to do with you."

His eyes are drooping when he glares up at me, "You are a fucking bitch."

Smirking at his words I lean closer to his bloodied frame, "You know what? Bitches get shit done."

Leaving him on the ground I follow Mr. Romano, his strides are as powerful as ever and I know he means business. This isn't about anything other than me needing to know shit. Having him this close makes me feel things and I roll my eyes at myself. Clearly, I'm deprived of a man's touch, and he is a very attractive one. Practically impossible for me to stay indifferent around him, although I refuse to act on it.

Walking into the huge mansion I'm shocked by the personality in each and every room, the attention to detail, and how colorful everything is. This is probably the last thing I would've expected from this house. The marble in the kitchen is more typical, but the blue couch and the sight of a huge black chandelier work together so perfectly. Someone must have designed this with the knowledge of what works and what doesn't, everything here suits the vibe.

"Are you coming?" He questions and waits by the end of a long flight of stairs.

"Sí," I say, and he walks ahead of me up the stairs. A long hallway meets us with darkness as the only decor, his strides are fast and he opens a door in the back of the hallway. Hidden from the rest of the house is his office. Now, this is more like something I would expect. Rich leather seats, dark wood table, panorama view of the forest, a table with bottles of liquor. This is more like it.

My eyes meet his entirely black ones and I'm completely drowned by him. The idea of him and I alone in here provokes my wandering thoughts and I instantly dismiss the feeling. "What is your full name?" I find myself asking.

"Xavier Romano," He answers, and I think the name suits him and his intense persona. "Eloisa Martinelli, right? The daughter of Maxon and Denise Martinelli."