34

☀︎

Stepping into The Dungeon, my eyes seek out the man of the hour. Rocco is standing by the bar and he spots me instantly, glancing at the two men behind me and I give him a shrug. I need to find a way to talk to him without Xavier listening in. The mafia leader is keeping secrets from me, this is me returning the favor. 

"There's an available table in the back," Xavier speaks and guides me through the crowd, his large hand lands on the small of my back and I feel like losing my mind in him. The shivers that erupt aren't welcome, but the fire underneath his fingertips has my mind wandering places. 

He knows what he's doing and I don't want to step away from his touch. It's fucking difficult when my body craves him. 

"Don't mind me, Xavier," Marc says from behind us, gesturing to the hand on my back. "I won't be swept away in the mass of people, of course not."

Both Xavier and I ignore him, while we enter the darker part of the club, sitting down at an available table. Xavier is sitting next to me and Marc is across from us, his scowl as present as ever. 

"That's quite unattractive," I state and point my finger at his face. 

He replaces it with a smirk and I know what's coming, "You didn't find me unattractive when you were kissing me in that club when we first met."

"Thank the heavens for a shooting episode then, they knocked some sense into me after all," I tell him as indifferently as possible and he gasps at the comment. 

"Don't brag about that while you have a girlfriend, Marc," Xavier suddenly speaks, his smoky voice has a point. "I should enroll some courses in manners and respect, then you'd be forced to learn."

"I have manners, Xavier," He tries to defend himself. 

I scoff at him in humor, "Sure you do. I'll just grab drinks from the bar, what do you want?"

"A beer," Marc answers. 

My eyes cut to Xavier's and I slip out of the booth, "What would you like?"

"Bourbon. Do you need help carrying it down?" He asks and offers his help. 

"No," I shake my head. "Don't worry about it. I'll be quick."

Stepping away from them, I hurry towards the bar where a bartender gives me a charming smile, "What can I get ya?"

Rocco places a hand on his shoulder, "I'll take this one."

The bartender leaves and I glance over my shoulder, Marc is chatting away while Xavier is staring straight at me. His intense eyes never leave me and I look away from him, meeting Rocco's familiar blue eyes. 

"Two bourbons and a beer," I tell him and he starts the order, trying not to seem too suspicious. 

"What are you doing with them, Eloisa? They're fucking dangerous and you shouldn't be around the son of the man who tries to kill you," Rocco speaks while working. 

"I know, a lot has happened, Rocco. But you and I need some time to talk alone, how can we do it without those two listening in?" My question is thrown into the air and he looks at me, handing me the drinks over the bar. 

"Either you go to the restroom at some point-" He starts and I cut him off. 

"No, that won't give us enough time."

"Then I'll offer you a dance, if you can handle my hands on you for that long," He smiles at me in humor and I roll my eyes. 

"Fine," I say and grab the glasses, balancing the three of them while walking back to the table. 

Marc is still talking mindlessly when I return, Xavier doesn't seem to pay him no mind when he stands from the table and helps me with the drinks. Placing them on the table, he sits down again and I follow suit. His thigh is pressed up against mine and the friction drives me crazy, my body can't be near him like this. I want him too much for it. 

His eyes trance over in a lustful stare and I lick my lips on instinct, my stomach is in a knot and his body is visibly clenched. The non-verbal dialogue between our eyes has me squeezing my legs together as my pussy throbs, his dark stare cuts to the movement and he visibly gulps, his fingers twitching. 

"Are you even listening to me?" Marc's shrill voice suddenly cuts through. 

My eyes widen and I look across the table, "I wasn't actually, was it anything interesting? Or else I'd prefer going back to not listening."

"I was talking about how some of the members stole my clothes last time I-"

"Oh yeah, then count me out," I cut him off with a playful smirk. 

"You're annoying," He growls, crossing his arms across his chest. 

"Thank you, Marc," I tell him. 

"It wasn't a compliment."

"Well, that's kind of subjective, don't you think?"

"Ugh!" He exclaims in frustration and I desperately try to hide my smile. It's too fucking easy getting under his skin. "I gotta take a piss," He says and leaves the table instantly, clearly having had enough of me. 

I turn to Xavier and his eyes are focused on someone in the crowd, there is a sudden trace of anger on his face and it unsettles me. This is quite different to the lustful gaze he was just giving me. 

"Xavier?" I ask him and he looks in my direction instantly. 

He shakes his head and smirks a little at me, leaving me breathless, "You surely know how to get under his skin, no?"

"It's too easy," I humor him, an almost inaudible sigh leaves my lips when our eyes meet. A need grows in my stomach again, "You would think he was afraid of me after my chokehold, but apparently not."

"I haven't decided if he is naive or simply stupid just yet, but he isn't afraid of shit."

"Who were you looking at?" I ask him and his attitude changes instantly. His black eyes cloud over in a dangerous darkness, the sight has me clenching my thighs together again.

"Nessuno," (Nobody) His voice is dark and sinister, the answer coming too fast and I know he's lying. 

"Of course not." 

Xavier's dark eyes cut to someone behind me, loud footsteps are heard within proximity and I instantly know who it is. Especially when he says, "I'm sorry to cut in."

Turning around to meet a smiling Rocco, I answer, "No problem."

"I just found you quite charming at the bar and was wondering if you'd humor me enough for a dance?" Hearing him talk like that has me entertained, but I accept his outstretched hand with my own. 

"Well, why not?" I answer and nod at Xavier once before leaving for the dance floor with Rocco. 

He squeezes my hand and I know he must be thinking the same as I do, it worked. He didn't try to stop us, even though his eyes were angered and dark when I left. A sight that should trouble me, but it truly doesn't.

Rocco pulls me into him and places his arms around my waist, my hands grip his upper arms and I try not to cringe. This is too fucking awkward. 

"Try not to look like someone who's ready to puke, will you?" He laughs at me and I shake my head with a smile. 

"I'll try."