40

☀︎

"I'll show you something today," Xavier says, his dark voice catches my attention instantly. "The guy I knocked out in your apartment that day, we have him in the basement and I thought you could go down there. He doesn't tell us shit, not even his name. We need to get some answers from him, who he is, why he came for you, we need to know where his loyalty lies. All the while you can release some anger."

Nodding my head with an excited smirk, "Lead the way."

Xavier does without hesitation, we enter a room I haven't seen before and walk down a flight of stairs. I had no idea of this place. The darkness of the basement intrigues me, screams upon screams infiltrate the air and I try not to smirk. 

Some of these people aren't here to be interrogated, I know this, they're here because the mafia enjoys playing with people and torturing others for fun. 

He stops by a door at the end of the hallway and turns to me, scanning my body once before asking, "You ready?"

"Is that a real question?" I ask rhetorically and Xavier opens the door with a smirk playing on his lips. 

The stale smell of blood hits me immediately, the chair in the middle of the room is supporting the weight of a bloodied man. He looks up at us when we enter and a spark lights up in his eyes by seeing me in here. It's very obvious that he underestimates my abilities, I will be the one provoking the pain and screams for the day after all. 

"Eloisa," He breathes at me, his voice is hoarse and I know it's the lack of water, dehydration is an absolute bitch. "You missed me already?"

Xavier stands in the corner of the room and gestures to a table to the side, the tools are there. My eyes cut to the wounded man on the chair and I approach him to begin with, "I'd like to give you a choice here, are you open to share what you know or do you wish to feel it?"

His blue eyes cut to mine, clearly he's shocked by the indifferent tone in my voice, "I'm not telling you shit."

Smirking at him, "That's what I love to hear."

Opening the bag of tools, my eyes scan the collection and I'm pleasantly surprised. Some of my favorites are here and even more, this is going to be so much fun! Grabbing a simple knife to begin with, I inch closer to him again and his eyes are gradually growing worried. 

"You know, I have an entire collection of tools I'd love to use on you. Thank you for keeping your mouth shut, darling," He's fucking confused at my tactic, it will obviously work on him. 

He's weak. 

The blade of the knife meets the skin on his shoulder and I pierce it, dragging it down his arm in a slow manner. He whimpers in pain and I tut at him, "It truly is heartbreaking that this is a necessity, I understand."

I can feel Xavier's intense gaze on me and I know he must be wondering what I'm doing. This has worked before, I've been torturing people too long by now and I know my way around a stubborn man. Allowing the knife to run down his cheek, I apply pressure and draw blood, he turns his head away from me. 

"You simply have to give me a couple of answers, then I'll stop," I tell him and stab him in the thigh, his yell of pain echoes through the dark and cold room. 

"I'll kill you!" He screams, struggling against the ropes. 

"If you want to appear threatening, then don't go straight for the kill. Describe to me how you'd like to torture me instead, give me something to work with," He frowns at my words again, clearly unable to read me. 

Grabbing his face in my hands, I force open his mouth and spot a few teeth missing, "How fucked! They went straight to the teeth without me?"

He rips his head away from my grip and I pull the knife from his thigh, he whimpers again, "Then I guess it's time for some more urgent tactics. Do you know what a wood plane is?"

His frightened eyes cut to mine and I look to Xavier while approaching the table, his eyes are slightly surprised, but I don't care. This man won't budge unless I truly test him and I just found my way, grabbing the unused wood plane from the table I walk closer to him. Using the knife I cut open his pants, leaving his thigh bare to me. 

Placing the wood plane against his skin I apply pressure and his screams echo in the room, the blade effectively cuts into his flesh and I push it forward the tiniest bit. 

"NO! Wait! Please, don't skin me alive, don't!" His voice is begging and I tilt my head to the side. 

"Oh, doll," I tut. "It's not like I wish to put you through this, you're doing it to yourself."

Pushing against the tool again he screams, "STOP! I'm begging you, please stop! I'll tell you everything."

"That sounds like a great idea, did you come up with it yourself?" I ask him, keeping the wood plane against his thigh. 

"My name is Leon Bensan, I'm loyal to Carlos Romano and Dracona," His words create a tense atmosphere, Carlos Romano has now officially been mentioned in the same room as both Xavier and I are in. 

"Who do you work for?" I ask.

"The rink of dealers, I'm one of the dealers," His words are spilling now. "Carlos Romano sought us out one day, wanting to know what went down because Zanto was shot in Xavier Romano's office. Dracona accepted his request about you instantly, apparently you were the one who shot Zanto and it pissed Dracona off. In his mind you don't deserve to live and we were simply doing our jobs by trying to grab you."

"The other guys in my apartment, who were they?"

"Also dealers, all of us had created a group to attack you. Your skills made it difficult to get you down and your obvious connection to the Italian mafia," He truly is spilling facts now. 

"What are the rink of dealers planning?" Asking him the big question he shakes his head.

"Well, I'm dead now anyway. They want to be the most feared organization in this city, the Italian mafia and you are ruining their chance," This just seems plain stupid, but then again, the rink of dealers are going up against the Italian mafia. 

"Is there anything of significance you're keeping from me?" I ask him, reading his expression when he utters the word no; I think he's telling the truth. Pulling the wood plane out of his skin, he breathes a breath of relief. 

Placing the tool on the table, I leave the room without glancing at Xavier. We need to talk about this.