75

☀︎

Saying goodnight to the members, Xavier and I leave the office to get some much-needed sleep. We've been cooped up in that room for hours today, trying to figure out precisely how and when to strike. Killing Bastien could be an attempt to lure us out, so we modified some aspects of the plan in the hopes of overwhelming them. 

Joseph and Roman had been the ones who found him, he was dead, lying between trees in the local park. It took them a while to recognize him, because of the torture he'd been through. The mere thought of that has me revolted and I know Xavier feels the same. 

Tomorrow is the day where we attack. 

While I'm fucking ready to kill them off, I'm also mindful of the fact that this is more than just my family now. The mafia isn't solely there to get revenge for the Martinellis, they're also there to avenge the pain and death of one of their own. They made it personal. 

Looking up at the powerful man walking next to me, his eyes are more fatigued than usual. The distant glint in his eyes has been replaced by a look of utter exhaustion. He isn't even trying to conceal it, and it's then I know how much this is tearing on him. Being the boss also equals having a huge responsibility, he feels responsible for the death of Bastien. 

We enter his bedroom and I lock the door behind us, walking into the ensuite bathroom and allowing the water to run into the bathtub. This is the only way I can think of, I need to help him somehow and this is all I've got. 

He walks up behind me and hugs my back to his front, placing a kiss onto my exposed shoulder a disheartened sigh escapes his lips. My mind pulls for him and I lean into his warm embrace, reminding myself to savor tonight. None of us know what tomorrow will bring. 

"What are you doing to me?" He breathes against my skin and I turn around in his arms, tenderly unbuttoning his shirt, I take my time with it. 

Pulling the piece of fabric down his muscular arms, I undo his belt and his pants join his shirt on the floor. Our eyes meet and I remove my top and bra, his eyes never leaving mine when I step out of my skirt and panties. 

Turning around I shut off the water and sit down in the bathtub, gesturing for him to join me in the warm and relaxing water. He pulls his boxers briefs down and does exactly that, his large frame snuggling up to my side and getting comfortable. My heartbeat is lighthearted and yet excited, he makes me feel alive like this, and I'm satisfied I can give him something in return. 

"I'm sorry," I tell him, not knowing how to deal with the sorrow I feel caused by his distress. 

He meets my eyes with a worried glance, his finger caresses my cheek lightly, "I'm sorry, too. You have gone through so much and I can't give you an easy out, we have to tackle this together and I hate it."

"I don't want an easy way out, Xavier," Shaking my head, I lean into his touch. "This is my fight and I brought your mafia into this mess. The reality is that I'm lucky to have you on my side, the blame isn't on you."

"Ho cambiato," (I've changed) He speaks in the beautiful Italian tongue. "Since meeting you, I mean. Something happened the day we met, I'm still uncertain when it happened exactly, but you have changed me. Not towards others necessarily, the change is when it comes to you."

"So have I," Placing a kiss onto his cheek, he smiles down at me and the sight has me breathless. "It's so strange, going from avoiding everyone and protecting yourself at all cost to suddenly caring about someone else. Although I still feel crazy and violent, you allowed me to feel humane for seconds and then I became addicted."

Without another second wasted, our lips meet in an honest kiss. The emotions poured into the action has me spinning, he kisses me as if he's afraid of losing me, he kisses me as if he's furious with the situation, he kisses me with such intensity and I reciprocate with equal fervor. 

Getting all of my fears out in this manner, my fingers tangling into his hair and him grabbing the back of my neck. Our tongues dance in a delicate symphony, his masculine and rich scent making my head drown. A certain knot grows in my stomach and I clench my thighs together, he seems to realize this as well and he deepens the kiss. 

I can't for the life of me deal with all the contradictory feelings running through my body, they're too intense and different from each other. My head explodes with the need for this man right here, everything builds up and my heartbeat accelerates. 

"Stai bene?" (Are you okay?) He asks after breaking the kiss, placing his forehead against mine. 

Trying to catch my breath, I recognize what must be going on. Xavier means more to me than I can deal with, it's been too long since I've felt this way about another person. The feelings are too intense and I can't turn off my emotions for the very same reason. 

Wondering if he knows what's going on with me, he leaves small kisses on my face, my cheeks, my forehead, the side of my lips. "Eloisa?" He questions gently. 

"Fai l'amore con me," (Make love to me) I whisper against his lips, not wanting to meet his eyes after saying those words. Xavier is the only person I allow myself to appear vulnerable in front of, he's the only one seeing this side of me and I can't bring myself to feel ashamed. 

Without another word he stands up from the bathtub and lifts me bridal style, the unexpectedness has me squealing and he chuckles at the sound. Walking into the bedroom, he places my body onto the bed, none of us worry that we're wet. The need for each other is too powerful and controlling.