Suspicion

Just as planned, Ben and I met after class. He said it'll be really tiring to walk to that place so he asked for a car. I was expecting a normal car but it turned out to be a freaking Mercedes! I was stunned as soon as I saw it. "Are you sure this is the car you asked for?" I asked Ben.

"Yeah, now let's go!" He opened the door for me and both of us hopped in the car. A few minutes later, we reached the place and immediately after I got out of the car, I saw a huge 50 storeyed building in front of me and before I could even ask anything Ben interrupted me saying, "Yes this is the head quarters of your favourite game company and we are going to have a tour of this building."

For your information, the first game I ever played was from this company through which I discovered the world of gaming. 'League Rex' is my favourite game and right now I'm standing in front of its head quarters!? I can't believe this. Lemme pinch myself real quick- "Owww!!" But Ben pinched me instead and damn it hurt.

We went inside the building, there were posters, 3D models of the game characters and I freaking LOVED it. "Let's go to my uncle's office." Ben said and we took the lift to go there. "Your uncle?" I asked in complete curiosity.

"You'll find out soon."

The doors of the room opened and we entered his uncle's room. "Uncle! I brought a guest with me today!" Ben said and asked me to come inside.

"Oh what a beautiful lady!" a well built man probably on his 30s said while sitting on a chair. "Sin, right? Take a seat and make yourself comfortable." He said with a mild smile on his face.

"Oh yes, thank you" I said and sat down.

"Ben tells me a lot about you. So much in fact that I had an idea of how you looked like. And you turned out to be exactly the way he described you, as pretty as a picture and sharp witted."

"That's kind of an exaggeration but thank you very much, I appreciate it."

"Haha, no problem. Also welcome to the head quarters of 'League Rex', I heard it's your favourite game."

"Yes!! I love it. I always wanted to visit one of its branches."

"Thank you so much for giving this game such support. We really appreciate it. Also Ben why don't you bring something to eat for both of us?"

"Sure." And Ben went outside.

"Do you hack by any chance?" His uncle asked me out of nowhere.

"Y-Yes, why do you ask?" I was surprised to hear it from him. Also, STOP THINKING THAT EVERY HACKER IS SKETCHY OR ELSE FIGHT ME, BISHES!! (I censored it cause I don't mean it, not cause I'm a kid-, childhood trauma- I mean memory intensifies)

"Oh I did some background check on you and it seems like you are quite famous in the hacking society. How did you learn it in such a young age?"

"By myself. I slowly became more interested in it and this is where I am now."
Background check huh, interesting.

"By the way should I be worried since you did a 'background check' on me?" The moment he said it I realized there's no point in being the nice polite girl. I had to find out a few things.

"Of course not, you just seemed a bit suspicious. Besides I don't stand a single chance against your skills."

"Glad you know that, also what do you mean by suspicious?" Me and suspicious? Now you seem suspicious to me sir.

"Ben hardly talks about someone especially from his school, so it was suspicious of him to suddenly start talking about a girl in such a detailed manner. I thought you tried to get close to him considering he is the son of a rich businessman. But I found out you didn't even know that he was rich so you are not suspicious to me anymore." His British accent was explicitly clean and his gestures were telling me that he wasn't lying.

"Oh makes sense." My heart hasn't been able to relax lately.

Just then, Ben brought some snacks and kept them on the table.

"What were you two talking about?" he asked while sitting beside me.

"About the new features and characters of the game." I answered, considering his uncle asked him to leave the room when we talked about it.

The rest of the time went by pretty fast with me fangirling over one of the characters of the game and Ben insisted on dropping me home. So we left the building and hopped on the car again.

On the way, I saw a few employees of that same company teasing a street dog, they were throwing stones at it. It honestly breaks my heart to see financially successful people with creativity not having the most important trait of a living being. Kindness.

I could ask to stop the car and help but sometimes it's better to just... look from afar. They will get their karma though, that's for sure.