Don't make it a tragedy

"Hey, did you fall from heaven?" A guy had to throw his line after hearing Dee break up.

"No, I fell from hell to take you with me." Dee said without any hesitation. Someone is on fire today.

"Dee, I think you should take a break and go home." They broke up after 1 whole year, of course it is hard on her. But she still insists on coming to not "miss her classes".
Just say that you miss him girl. I've known you for years.

"I'm fine, these annoyances are just pissing me off but I'll manage."

"Okay..."

"Hey guys-" Chase came running to us near the basketball field.

"Look over there-" He pointed to the field. We turned our eyes and saw Ben and Lucas having a match. People surrounded the field, cheering for Lucas as Ben's team was struggling.

"Why are they going against each other? They always play in the same team." Dee asked in confusion and a lot of other hidden feelings.

"Someone said that Ben was calling you hot in front of Lucas and he was almost about to beat the shit out of him. But they decided to have a friendly match instead." Chase said breathing heavily.

We went closer to the field and somehow got the front row seat. We saw Lucas, drenched in sweat, wearing the school's official basketball team tank top which highlighted his sharp biceps.

Then we saw Ben jumping to make a goal, making his tank top go up, revealing his abs. It was an intense match.
Really "intense".

I didn't know who to support so I just watched and I thought Dee would cheer for Lucas- "BEN YOU CAN DO IT!!!" Dee cheered while standing up.

My eyes were wide open, everyone looked at Dee while she didn't give a fuck and kept cheering for Ben in tears. She was yelling really bad and it wasn't a satisfying sight. It looked like she was throwing her love for Lucas away while cheering for Ben. Soon the match was over and Lucas's team won for a close second.

Dee walked with us to class where Lucas was too. Usually they sit near but today they were really far apart physically and emotionally. The atmosphere of the classroom seemed heavy as the teacher was teaching us math. So me, Chase, Dee, Lucas and Ben were in the same class and it wasn't fun for the first time.

"Lucas tell us about the Pythagoras theorem." The teacher said. Did he take birth just to make the situation worse?

There was no response so he yelled. "Mr Anderson!!"

"Y-Yes!!" Lucas stood up in surprise.

"Explain to us the Pythagoras theorem."

"O-oh ohh yes, so Pythagoras theorem is.... uhhh it is the theorem of uhhhh-" Lucas is one of our top ten best students and he hardly messes up. I guess both of them are having a hard time.

"You were using your phone and thought I wouldn't notice!? Get out of the class!" The teacher yelled and Lucas left.

Chase and I looked at each other and nodded. "Hhahahah-" Chase laughed loudly at Lucas getting out of class.

"Why are you laughing while using your phone?" I pointed out.

"What!? Chase too!?" The teacher yelled.

"Why are you looking at me with your phone on your lap? It might fall you know." He attacked me back.

"Enough, get out you two!!"

It went as planned and we finally got to talk to Lucas. We could've done it after class but where's the fun in that?

"I know you still like her dude. Why did you even break up? I know you didn't sleep with anyone." Chase asked.

"My dad said he doesn't like me hanging out with her, he said he'll enroll me in another school if I don't stop talking to her."

"Why though?" Chase asked.

"Because she's not from a 'beneficial' family. I really loved her and seeing her cry today was so heartbreaking yet I couldn't do anything and just stood there. I am so worthless." Lucas said in a pained expression as he looked downwards.

"You really are worthless man. You could've just told her this and found a way to deal with your dad. But you decided to end it like some sad ass tragedy movie. You know you can do this, it's still not too late. She deserves to know it all." I said.

"But my transfer..." Lucas hesitated.

"Your dad will not make you transfer, trust me." Chase assured him.

"Okay, I'll talk to her at lunch. Can you call her for me?"

"You owe me this one." A smile went through my face.

Classes were going pretty slow but lunch time came and I called Dee to the rooftop. I just hope things go smoothly over there while I talk to Ben about the match.

"You called her hot to provoke Lucas?"

"Yeah, he was all sad during the morning training so I had to."

"Since when did you start playing basketball? I never saw you."

"That's because you used to cover your face with a book every time you passed through the field and I knew you were looking at me so don't play dumb. You were quite a book worm huh, hottie~."

"You call every girl hot."

"Not every girl can hack though~"

"Speaking about hacking, I found a few things about the hacker. A male living in your house with his uncle's family."

"Oh so you found out that it was me? Well done!"

"Why did you do it?"
Straight to the point.
Yup.

"Yes it was me lying this whole time, I sent those dick pics in dms, I scammed you."
I gave him a chance to explain himself.
I deserved to know the truth.

"I sent those pics to scam you because I hated you, I hated how nice you were to me without any noticeable purpose. I wanted to find out what kind of person you were. I am a victim of child abuse, after years of betrayal, my trust issues were at its peak when I met you. I didn't sent those cause I wanted to but to test you. But you proved your innocence behind those smiles. I started liking you after you leaked those screenshots. I wanted to know more about you so I lied till now."

"....." I didn't say anything.

"And I know that you still have feelings for me, a little. So I'll make you fall for me again because this time, it'll be mutual." He smiled as he looked at me with those passionate light hazel brown eyes.

"I won't give any promises but good luck with that."

"And I'm asking you to be my date on League Rex's 10th anniversary party at the headquarters. Wanna come?"

I'm not THAT easy guys, I promi-

Wait. Did I hear League Rex-"Oh hell yes!"

Guys- I have an excuse- I mean explanation-
... Humans have weaknesses too.