Not ready.

"Sin! Sin are you okay!?" Chase banged on the front door. My dad opened it for him.

"Where's Sin?" He asked my dad.

"She's in her room-" He didn't say anything and just barged in, knocking on the door of my room.

"Sin open the goddamn door! Sin-" I opened the door, interrupting him.

"Why are you shouting-"

"Are you okay!? Let me see-" He put both of his hands on my cheeks and examined my whole face. Then he put his forehead on mine checking my temperature.

"WHA- WHAT THE FUCK- Get away!!" That caught me off guard so I pushed him away.

"You have no fever, no injuries. You are okay then." Chase sighed completely ignoring his surroundings.

"Can you just tell me what are you doing here so early? It's fucking 7 am!"

"I heard Ben got stabbed, so I came to look if you got hurt." Oh shit- my parents don't know about it yet-

"What do you mean? Nothing like that happened."

"But the news-"

"Let's talk outside." I dragged him outside to the park.

"Why do you have to go there so early? My parents don't know about it yet-"

"YOU EXPECT ME TO STAY CALM AFTER HEARING THAT THE PERSON WHO WAS WITH YOU THE WHOLE TIME GOT STABBED!!?"

"..Chase-"

"Do you know how worried I was!?"

"Calm down!! I'm fine without a single scratch."

"Right. Sorry about that." He took a few deep breaths and sat on a bench.

"I didn't tell my parents or they'll literally go crazy."

"I see, I caused quite a scene huh. I'll apologize to your parents later."

"It's fine, sorry for not telling you beforehand."

"It's alright, I understand that you were quite traumatized yourself."

"I'm fine, I just got a call from Ben's uncle that the surgery was a success."

"I see, so are you coming school today? If you are, let's go together."

"Sure."

"Clair."

"Hmm?"

"Why are you avoiding eye contact with me?" Oh shit-

"Wha- What do you mean? I'm not..."

"Look at me and say it."

"I don't have to look at you to say that."

He grabbed both of my shoulders and turned me towards him. "Look at me."

I looked him in the eyes, he was staring back. It was really intense and I couldn't avert my eyes away from him. "I know it's because of that kiss, I'm sorry."

As soon as he said the word "kiss", I remembered that rooftop incident and my face went hot. I bet I looked like a tomato. "I-It's fine, don't worry."

"If you say so..."

We went to our homes to get ready for school. It was an awkward walk to school but we survived.

"Why are you two so silent today? Did something happen?" Dee popped out of nowhere.

"OMG- you scared me-"

"I heard Ben is fine now." Dee said completely ignoring me.

"Yeah-"