The beginning of struggle

"Sweety wake up or you'll be late!" I was having the best sleep of my life when my mom's voice woke me up. It's Monday and I've three assignments due that I finished at 2 am. Sin hasn't texted me since that day, after I hugged her, she said that she needed to go to the washroom and never came back, I called her mom and she said that Sin reached home. Our siblings are safe too.

"Chase!!"
I don't wanna wake up but what choice do I have?

"Good morning!" Both mom and dad greeted me.

I yawned, "Morning." My family is really cheerful and enthusiastic, the most amazing parents and my cute little brother. But nothing is perfect and happy 24/7.

"So have you finally decided to give up on makeup?" Here we go again.

"No."

"Stubborn I see, how's Clair doing?"

"Mom you know she hates to be called by that name and she's doing fine."

"Why would someone like to be called Sin? That girl is just weird."

"I'm done eating, have a good day mom and dad." Thanks for ruining my morning. They are almost perfect until the topic of my future comes out. Just like Sin's parents, my parents want me to be a surgeon as well but just like her I've other plans in mind. I'm grateful to find out that I can relate to her, makes it easier to cope.

I was walking to school when I heard some ruckus near an alley. There was a girl beating the shit out of two guys. I went closer and the girl was.. Sin!? What the hell!

"This is what you get for kicking a kitty, do that again and I'll break your spine. I'm not kidding." I got chills down my spine when I saw her face expression and those two ran away.

"Fucking retards." She bent down to look at the kitty, her expression was really sad as her eyes traced the kitty's whole body.

"Is it injured?" I asked from behind.

"Yeah just a few bruises, let's go." She didn't even flinch, this girl is quite something.

"Wait you aren't gonna take it to the vet?"

"The owner will arrive in a few seconds so don't worry." And she was right, a girl found the kitty and took it with her after we walked away.

"I can't believe people like them exist."

"Well, that's how this world works, you gotta be strong or you'll be bullied." That's not something a 15 year old would normally say, not with that expression at least.

"Guys wait for me!!" We were about to reach school when Dee shouted from behind and jumped on us.

"Ow my hair-" Sin groaned, Dee probably pulled her hair.

"Wait let me fix that and there." She raised her guard up as soon as I came closer. Looks like she was trying to hide a scar near the back of her neck.

"Can you give me a few tips on how to be this cheerful on a Monday Ms Dee?" Time to change the atmosphere.

"Certainly. So all you need to do is complete your homework in time and you won't be troubled on Monday mornings."

"Stop reading my mind goddamn it!" I said.

"So I was right huh~" We joked around a little more and went to our respective classes.

I went inside my classroom and what I saw next made me speechless. The board was filled with cuss words being Sin's name in the middle. Rough strokes were seen on her desk probably made with a sharp object and no one was paying attention to it. It felt like I was standing in the middle and all the monsters were staring at me with a smile. I looked at Sin and she sat down on her seat like nothing happened. How could she even stay here after all of this? This girl is not okay.

"Sin we need to talk." I didn't wait for her reply and dragged her outside.

"How can you not say anything to them!? They clearly did all of that."

"There's no point, they aren't going to stop until they're satisfied." What the fuck are you saying?

"What you are trying to say is that you'll wait until they're satisfied!? That's bullshit! You definitely know how greedy humans are, they aren't going to stop if you don't do something about it! Open your eyes Sin, this isn't like you!!"

"No one cares and I'll deal with it myself, don't worry." As soon as she said that I realized that both of my hands were holding her shoulders very tightly.

"Look in my eyes and say it again."

She looked at me directly, now this is intense.

"I'll deal with it myself."

"..." I got lost in her eyes.

"I said it."

"Oh- alright then, I'll trust you for now."

"Thanks."

"A-Anytime.."