part 3

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

"Who knows? It's a big world out there." Dabi's response echoed throughout my head. I had never made any friends other than Pinka, so why did this have to end so soon? He's right, though. This was only a one-time occurrence.

"I see, well. I better get going." I sighed.

I didn't leave space for Dabi's remarks. Instead, I quickly excused myself from the dead room. "Get over it, (Y/N)." Those words resounded throughout my head, reflecting off the walls of my skull. Making my way back to the employee rooms, I then gathered my belongings.

The same, nuisance of a man pranced up to me. "I'll see you on Monday, (Y/N)!" my boss said.

My eyes rolled into a far corner. Then, I quickly threw on a heavy jacket, one that I always bring to shifts. It was nearly winter, and the temperature in the area had been reducing drastically.

It was impossible to hear the intense rain from inside of the nightclub, but now the sound they made was definite. The heavy drops of rain vibrated against the slippery concrete, producing a light, foggy mist. As I panned my vision around the area, I noticed there were no cabs.

"Jeez! Guess I'll be walking home." I complained.

I passed multiple closed storefronts, yet the rain wouldn't let up. Dabi's presence wouldn't escape my mind, and I hated it. I was infatuated with a total stranger. Perhaps it was his messy, raven hair. Or even his toned, yet not bulging muscles.

From my clear purse, I brought out a pocket umbrella. Small, luminous drops of cold rain lingered on the tips of my hair, and miniature bumps began to stem from my arms. It was nearly one in the morning, meaning Pinka should have drifted off to sleep by now.

Finally, the stinging rain began to dim. As the fog dispersed from the streetview, a glistening reflection of nearby buildings and lights rested superior from the concrete. The bright, neon lights of Tokyo shone on the strands of my hair.

Letting out a sigh, I mumbled to myself as I panned my eyes over the cheap apartment complex. "Home at last."

The journey up the moldy, steep staircase left my calves with an aching pain. I grabbed the silver, backup key from my purse, and quietly unlocked my apartment door.

"Just like I thought, she's asleep." I giggled to myself.

The shared apartment was dimly lit up by the moonshine, which created a galactic filter encasing each room. As I shut and locked the door behind me, I allowed the heavy, winter coat caressing my shoulders to fall.

A comforting tone developed by the blasting air conditioning, and chirping cicadas distributed ease throughout my body. I battered my lush eyelashes as I yawned, slowly making my way to the lavatory.

Then, my thoughts began to race. Alone at last, yet still bothered by something. I undid the buckles on my leather harness, and slipped off my tight heels before they could blister more.

I gazed into the mirror, disgusted at my trashed appearance. A sudden feeling of humiliation crowded my head.

"Did I really show up to my shift looking like this?" I thought to myself.