part 18

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

I aimlessly trailed behind Dabi, following him out of the crowded restaurant. Once we had left, I was met with an overwhelming feeling of fear. Groups of waxed police cars raced by, their blaring sirens ringing my ear canals.

Confronting shades of blue and red fogged my eyesight. "This is a dream, right?" I accidentally said aloud.

Thankfully, the swarm of police hadn't noticed us. In the sky, a horror scene was awaiting me. Gigantic plumes of debris and ash seemed to ascend into the air, emitting from an all-too familiar cobalt color.

Even from our far distance, the bloodcurdling screams and cries of innocent civilians took over my head. Dabi buried his hands into the pockets of his pants, and walked into a shaded alleyway.

After wandering throughout the depths of the city, we finally arrived at a familiar place. The place where Dabi took me roof-topping. It seemed untouched, the vines and moss still flourishing atop the concrete structure.

I caressed the cold, metal railing, as we trudged foot up the stairwell. This time, I was the person injured. Today was revolutionary for me, it changed my point of view completely. Dabi had dragged me into an ocean, one which I couldn't surface from.

There was always light, even if everything seemed hopeless. In this case, my light was Dabi. New feelings were brewing inside of me, ones that I used to shield from the world.

My heavy thoughts were stopped, as the bottom of my shoes stepped onto the roof. Dabi stayed silent, as he dangled his shoes over the edge of the roof. "Look at that."

I sat down beside him, and looked towards the direction of his index finger. Despite our high altitude, the piercing cries ruthlessly pulled from the lips of people, were audible. "You were right, Dabi. They only noticed when it became such a disaster."

By they, I was referring to the heroes. An entire class from U.A was there, and none of them noticed. Dabi stayed silent, listening to the cackles of fire from afar.

"Damn, I could really go for a smoke now." he whined.

Dabi slipped his hand into one of his pockets, pulling out a box of cigarettes. However, before he could take one out, I snatched the box from his hands. "What are you thinking?"

He paused for a moment, still processing what I had done. "(Y/N), hand it over."

"No." I refused.

"You aren't understanding right now, hand it over-"

I gathered all of my muscle strength, and hurled the light box as far as I could throw. Dabi watched in awe, as it plummeted several stories down, eventually crashing onto the sidewalk.

He twitched in anger, before raising his voice slightly. "Fuck! I needed that."

"No, you don't." I snapped back, before caressing his cold hand. "You don't need to harm your body like that."

My fingers fondled over his stitch marks, massaging them gently. "I understand, baby. It's okay."

Dabi seemed to be paralyzed by my touch, twitching as my fingertips delicately grazed over his stitches. He stayed silent, still processing my choice of words.

I was suddenly pulled into a tight embrace, one filled with an overwhelming amount of warmth and love. My face burrowed into Dabi's chest, combining our weight. We tumbled behind the edge of the roof, safe atop the concrete.

He flipped me onto my back, allowing my locks of hair to distribute along the surface of the roof. Dabi glared down at me, before nudging his knee up in-between my legs.

"H-huh?" those words escaped my lips, without my consent.

"I'm thinking.." Dabi said, before smoothly rubbing his fingertips over areas of my face. Slowly, his finger came over my chapped lips. "Do I dare put one here?"

"I seriously have no idea what you're talking about." I said, giggling nervously. Dabi's knee was so close, it nearly made me burst.

"That's cute, you forgot already." he teased.

"If I can recall correctly, you wanted a few piercings, eh?"

Dabi's raven locks of hair shielded my face, creating a rounded shadow. "This asshole.." I thought, as he knew exactly what he was doing. I could tell by the smug expression, which refused to disperse from his face.

It was my turn to bite back, as he had been teasing me for too long. My arms effortlessly slipped behind his neck, tugging him closer. I brought my lips up to his earlobe, before whispering softly. "I'm sure you wouldn't mind piercing them for me, rightt?"

"Anything for you." Dabi chuckled. I relaxed my head back against the concrete, waiting for his next move. Then, he gripped my cheeks with one of his hands. His grasp on my cheeks was tight, causing him to force my head around occasionally.

Dabi shifted some of his fingers, forcing my clean tongue to appear out of my mouth. "Maybe I'll pierce here too.." he said, whilst smirking.

My cheeks flushed a bright red. Was he talking about my tongue? I gathered my strength, and tried to fight Dabi's grip by attempting to shut my mouth. However, this caused him to cling on tighter.

Our silly bickering continued for what seemed like hours. Dabi and I exchanged a few passionate kisses, but thankfully, nothing ever got too serious. It was only our first date, he would be naive if he thought we'd go that far.

To be honest, Pinka didn't even cross my mind today, not until now. The frightening panic which shook almost everyone in the area began to calm down, as the blaring sirens began to disperse into the distance.

I had been out since noon, so Pinka was bound to be worried. Now that I think about it, I hadn't checked my phone for almost the entire day. My fingers dug throughout my deep pockets in search of my phone, before finally coming across it.

Dabi was laying beside me, his eyes closed as he tried to focus. I flipped onto my stomach, and powered on my phone, awaiting several notifications. Like I had predicted, my lock-screen was flooded with several missed calls and unread texts.

At first, Pinka's texts seemed confronting. She was obviously pissed that I snuck out once again, and even more agitated at the thought of me using my quirk against her.

The conditions were wrong, yet I was a bit overjoyed that Pinka cared to check up on me. However, now that my face was all over the news, I was worried for what's left of our relationship.

Actually, I was scared for what's left of my life. This situation would ruin everything. I'd lose my job, home, and maybe even Pinka. Dabi wasn't fathomed at all, but I surely was. Would it still be safe for me to leave my home, and go out with my daily errands? Or is there a risk, that I would be arrested by a pro-hero.

Nevertheless, from this point on, my life would be completely different.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; they really uhhhh they really uhh gettin close there

i also didn't really know where i was going with this part im so sorry yall

artwork by: brttpaigearts on instagram

words: 1209