part 17

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

As we rushed out the mall, I couldn't help but feel nervous for what was upcoming. If no heroes came to save them, then the fire must still be spreading. Eventually, Dabi's flames will grow into an uncontrollable frenzy, one that may melt the structure of the building.

We ran together, Dabi leading the way. His long, raven locks of hair trailed in the wind, as a wide grin extended across his cheeks. I followed behind him, whilst giggling and shoving past other civilians on their way home from work.

Similar to a fever dream, my feet seemed to hover above the stained concrete. Patches of orange and pink painted the sky, creating a masterpiece. The sun emitted its golden tones, which blanketed the metropolitan city, warming it one last time.

Our giggles formed a melodic tone, lapping over each other in sweet harmony. I caught up to Dabi, and ran alongside him. For the first time in a while, there wasn't an emotionless look on his face.

Instead, he was smiling. Smiling widely, not wanting this special day to end. "We didn't even get to watch the movie!" I said, allowing a laugh to escape from the seal of my lips.

Dabi turned his head away, now facing forward. "Stay with me, and I'll treat you to dinner instead." he chuckled.

Chirping birds now began to rest, which resulted in the city growing hushed. However, as we slowly approached evening, casinos and clubs were bound to open their doors soon. Restaurants which served food ranging from Mexican to Thai were preparing for their business hours.

"Alright, what type of food are you into?" Dabi asked. There was a special place in my heart for Italian food, the thought of the complimenting flavors nearly made my mouth water.

"Wait, can we get some Italian food?" I requested.

His fingers grasped onto mine, not wanting to let go. Together, we walked down the blackened sidewalk, scouting the area for an Italian restaurant.

Once we had found the perfect place, we sprinted inside, not wanting to be seen by any more witnesses. Dabi quietly giggled, his words rushing out as he spoke to the host. "Booth for two, please."

Our host was wearing a formal outfit, one that matched the warm surroundings of the restaurant. She nodded, and gathered a few menus before guiding us to a padded booth. "Enjoy! A waiter will be right with you in a moment."

The restaurant's atmosphere was warm, the smell of freshly-baked pizzas infiltrating my nostrils. Noisily chatter surrounded us, seeming to emit from everywhere in the restaurant. Faux pots of several varieties of flora decorated the room, adding lush green to the color palette.

We got situated atop the cushioned seats, facing opposite of each other. Dabi purposely stepped on my shoes, grazing them with a dirty pattern. "Oh, you-"

I smudged the bottom of my now-dirtied vans onto the top of his sneakers, and giggled before resting back on the seat. "That's what you get, asshole!" I said lowly.

Before Dabi could hit me with his next move, an average-built waiter approached our table. He took ahold of his trusty notebook, and began to ask us questions. "Greetings! I'll be this table's waiter for tonight, starting off with any drinks?"

Dabi waited for me to respond, obviously wishing for me to go first. "Just ice water, please." I requested.

"Ice water over here, too." Dabi cut in. The waiter nodded, whilst finishing his written notes. Then, he walked away, his priority being our drinks.

"Ooh, what are you planning to get for your entree?" I asked. Since I hadn't eaten for the entire day, I already knew what I was craving.

"Pizza, honestly." Dabi responded. I never thought of him to be a pizza guy, but hey, nearly everyone I know enjoys that stuff.

After a few prolonged minutes, our waiter had arrived with our cold drinks. He handed us a few plastic straws, before flipping the tinted page on his pocket notebook. "Here you go. Any appetizers for tonight?"

Dabi finally spoke up, he had obviously been on-guard due to his crowded surroundings. "We're digging right into the entrees tonight."

I signaled Dabi with my eyes, showing obvious disagreement. Though, I let him speak. "Meat-lovers pizza, please." Dabi ordered.

Our waiter nodded his head, quickly writing down Dabi's order. He waited patiently for me to follow up. "Oh, I'll just get the minestrone soup."

After he walked away, possibly heading to the kitchen, I rolled my eyes. "I wanted appetizer though.." I whined.

Dabi chuckled, and extended his hand over the glazed wood. I hesitantly gripped on, still showing hints of annoyance. "Next time, baby." he comforted.

Those words fueled an intense feeling, one which brewed in my lower abdomen. My knees scraped against each other, hiding my intimate parts. Dabi gently stroked my hand, before getting interrupted by our waiter.

I took a sip of my ice water in an attempt to distract the waiter's thoughts. "That's embarrassing." my brain repeated to itself.

A grand aroma of tomato soup and oregano suffused my nostrils, making my cravings feral. Our formal waiter cautiously placed our dishes atop the glazed wood, before bowing. "I really do hope you enjoy, let me know if you need anything else."

As the dark shadows of night creeped up the bordering window, I felt comforted by the warm lights surrounding us. In here, alongside Dabi, I felt safe.

I hadn't noticed it before, but now the television in the restaurant began to spread awareness about a certain threat. Dabi was about to chow his teeth down into his pizza, but was also interrupted by the playing channel.

We both hung our heads low, examining the details in the glazed wood. Our pan of sight was cut off by our hair, but now our ears were more alert than ever.

Someone had changed the channel to a news outlet, which had breaking news to spread.

"Mega-mall in the heart of the Tokyo goes up in blue flames."

"Two current suspects-"

Dabi got up from his seat, leaving his sizzling food behind. I hastily followed him, disrupting the order of the table. The surrounding people in the restaurant were too afraid to approach us, which gave us the opportunity to leave without paying.

Before the annoying bells which hung from the door-handle could chime once more, I gazed back at the alarming channel. There wasn't a doubt about it.

We were the suspects.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; OH MY GOD

can y'all just let y/n eat PLEASS

artwork by: Casentine on deviantart

words: 1113