part 5

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

A small grin formed across his face, as he looked forward and gripped tighter onto the handle of the bags. "I'll take you up on that."

We came across a fork in the road, but before Dabi could continue walking, I stopped him. "Actually, I need to head that way." the direction I was going before was merely a shortcut, yet that incident occured, and interrupted it.

Dabi carefully placed the bags of groceries onto the soft snow. "That's alright."

I grasped onto the handles of the bags, and praised Dabi before heading back to my apartment. "Again, thank you so much."

Though, when I turned back, Dabi wasn't there.
"Where did he go?" I thought. His presence had vanished, and the remainder was just an empty street.

The base of my sneakers sunk into the snow, making footprints as I walked back home. By now, I had finished the corn soup which I had shared with Dabi.  I tossed it into a nearby trash-can, and endulged in the warmth of the morning sun.

I brought out my phone from my pockets, and scrolled through the posts on Instagram. Most of my feed was made up of frogs, games, and unique clothing styles which I hadn't gained the confidence to try. However, Pinka did want to go shopping today.

Soon enough, I had made my way back to the apartment complex. Pinka should be awake now, since it was around eleven. I climbed up the stairs of the complex to the top floor, where our apartment was.

When I untwisted the door knob, a heavy weight thrashed against me.

"Did you get the Calbee snacks?!" Pinka desperately awaited for an answer, as she recklessly rocked my shoulders.

Pinka, my closest friend. I've known her since we were teenagers, and she's never failed to make me laugh. Her bright smile and silly personality was enough to brighten every room she walked into. Our relationship was passive, as we have never gotten into a fight. To be frank, I'd prefer to keep it that way.

I laughed, and made my way to our dining table. Whilst placing the grocery bags on top of the glazed wood, I exclaimed. "How could I forget them? I got your favorite, too!"

Pinka secured the locks on the door behind me, and situated herself atop the seats lining the dining table. "Thanks for getting the groceries! I would've gotten them myself, buuut.."

"You wouldn't have gotten them yourself, in fact, I bet you only woke up to play Mystic Messenger." Excuses, excuses, yet I loved Pinka all the same.

"Okay, that's too far! I'm trying to get the good route for 707, hacker men have a special place in my heart."

"Anyways, you ready?"

My voice raised, and I tilted my head. "Ready..?"

"Don't tell me you forgot! You promised that we would go to the mall today. Besides, I'm getting bored of my current bodysuit."

I had completely forgotten about my promise, after everything that's happened. A laugh slipped from my lips, as I turned off the apartment light. "Well, let's get going!"