part 28

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

Hawks finished his chicken nuggets, and pushed the messy sauces to his side. He dusted off his hands, before getting up and stretching his legs. Suddenly, he extended his vermillion wings, reaching them towards the end of the room. "Ready?" he asked, before twisting his head backwards to face me.

I got off the bench, flexing my fingers behind my back. "Yeah!"

The sound of whirling wind was undeniable, as Hawks zoomed around the studio. My eyes couldn't comprehend what I was seeing, he was incredibly fast. A meager glimpse of crimson occasionally filled my view, as Hawks darted around me.

My mouth slightly hung ajar, still trying to fathom his speed. "Calm down, (Y/N)." I thought to myself, before surrounding myself in a smog cloud. "Just try to buy yourself some time." This gas was heavy, nearly sticking to the pores of your skin. It was incredibly flammable, and almost sticky to the touch.

"I see, now. A gas quirk, that's pretty rare!" he exclaimed, the sound of his racing wings still surrounding me. "I'm afraid it's no match for mine, though. Our quirks just don't mix." Then, Hawks twirled his wings, directly slicing through my cloud of smog.

Before slicing through the smog, I had gathered my last bits of energy to produce melatonin gas. It flew at Hawks face, surprising him, yet his reactions were too quick. I ran away before he could tackle me, even though I was winded.

He honed his wings, before sending his feathers as darts my way. I screamed loudly, before beginning to feel a new surge throughout my body. It was unlike any other feeling, a newly-discovered grade of power.

I reached my hands out towards the intimidating darts, and tensely released a new color of gas. Shaded with a citrine yellow, small volts of electricity could be seen through it, if you focused. The gas invaded the crevices of his feathers, before stiffening their hold. They fell to the ground, now purposing as worthless.

Hawks paused slightly, anchoring his feet into the ground. "Your quirk is incredible, I've gotta admit. It's unlike any gas quirk I've faced."

"Weak points would be your agility, but you seem to have quick thinking." he said, before summoning his paralyzed feathers back into his arsenal. Backing away from me, he now sent double the amount of feather darts as before. "Let's see how long you can keep producing that gas of yours."

The newfound gas seemed to stick to his feathers, as I tried to dodge and throw more towards his direction. For some odd reason, it didn't distribute throughout the room. Instead, the citrine gas stayed in its position, occasionally floating in and out of place. That's when it came to me, I just need to surround myself in a cloud.

I tried to ignore the pulsing feeling of agony swirling through my veins, as I used my best idea, and surrounded myself in a cloud of paralyzing gas. Hawks grinned, before testing my shield. He swarmed the gas with his feathers, yet held back a few.

One by one, his feathers fell lifeless onto the ground. Paralyzed and stiff, Hawks could no longer control the main aspect of his quirk. However, the pain was too much, and my legs crumbled. Crawling out of the sticking gas, I chuckled about my achievements.

Hawks extended his hand down, reaching for me. I gripped onto his fingers, rubbing off my bits of sweat. "A new gas type!" I exclaimed, surprising him with my words.