part 13

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

It was approaching the end of winter, as we received lower levels of snowfall this past week. Over the course of the last two months, Dabi has helped me train my quirk. Our friendship had advanced, and sometimes we got too close for comfort, but it was all in good fun.

Now, it was just before daybreak. I had stayed up the entire night, playing games and scrolling through social media. Today was a shift day, and luckily, I had the choice to experience it with Pinka.

I flung my legs off my beaten mattress, and made my way to my bathroom. The sky emitted a blue-tint onto the city, proving it was still dawn.

While the soft bristles of my toothbrush swirled over my teeth, I stared at my reflection in the mirror. My locks of hair flowed naturally down the sides of my face, tickling my cheeks.

After spitting out the excess toothpaste, I was startled by a sudden notification, which appeared on my lock-screen. "Oh?"

Dabi was ringing my cell, which was unusual because he wakes up later in the day. "Heyyyy." he greeted.

I responded excitedly, my words dragging. "Hiiii."

"Be ready at eight tonight." he replied.

I hung up after that, as I had a shift at eight tonight. Pinka and I haven't shifted together for a while, so I didn't want to miss it, although I didn't want to leave Dabi either.

"Damn. I guess she's just going to have to wait until next time." I thought to myself. To be honest, I didn't know where Dabi and I were going. We weren't official, but had always gotten too close for comfort. I was beginning to develop feelings, and I hated it.

I finished washing my face, and decided to go out into the kitchen. Recently, Pinka and I had been speaking less. I was always out with friends, or atleast that's what she thought. Now, whenever we see each other, it's turned into awkward silence.

Pinka was awake, and lounging atop the surface of the couch. She rolled her eyes when she saw me enter the room. I noticed, and instantly got ticked off. "What's your deal?"

"I just think it's funny how you've been completely ghosting me. Who do you even hang out with now?"

I paused, yet she continued. "I bet it's that loser, the one we met at the club."

So badly, I so badly wanted to fight her right now. Not only did she sound ridiculous, but she was completely judging someone that she didn't know anything about.

The room was silent once more, as I walked to the door. "I think I just developed a tumor from listening to your voice." I remarked. Turning the doorknob, I then left the apartment.

I trekked down the stairwell, making my way to the ground floor. "I seriously don't have time for this."

It was approaching spring, and all of the flora was beginning to thrive. An intense fragrance emitting from the blooming flowers filled my nostrils, calming me slightly.

I hadn't even changed yet, but here I was, making my way towards the bustling city in nothing but pajamas. Pinka would be spending her shift alone tonight, because there's no way in hell that I'm going with her.

My eyes peered down at the blackened concrete, focusing on the chipped cracks and tossed rocks. Without realizing, I was mumbling to myself, but my thoughts were cut off by an adrupt stop.

A slight, pulsing pain radiated throughout my head. "H-huh?" I mumbled to myself.

Their vermillion feathers ruffled, and tickled my skin. Once I looked up, it was undeniable as to who was in front of me. The now number two hero, Hawks.

"Hey, you should watch where you're going next time! Wouldn't want you getting hurt." he said, before rubbing the top of my head.

"Sorry." I said, apologizing. Hawks was shorter than I expected, but then again, nobody really knows that much about him. He's pretty much a mystery, since his agency makes him work undercover. Why was he patrolling the streets today?

I predicted for him to leave, but he stayed. Hawks was silent, yet I felt his eyes staring at my clothes. "Nice outfit! Where did you get it?" Those words confirmed it for me, I was wearing tattered pajamas, not some designer print.

"Um, thanks. Just from my closet." I shielded the burn marks that Dabi had accidentally imprinted on my skin. This was bad, I needed to leave immediately. I came out here to take a breather, not to be unexpectedly met with a humanized-chicken.

Hawks threw me some advice, as I began to walk away. "I see. Have a good day, kid. Try not to bump into any more people, alright?"

I nodded, and quickly ran away from the scene. My sore feet led me into a trashed alleyway, giving me an opportunity to catch my breath. "Thank god."

The temperature in the area was increasing, as the time closely approached noon. "Maybe Pinka has calmed down by now." I thought, as I left the shaded alley.

"Next destination, home." I said, whilst swirling my hand over my growling stomach. Pinka and I's fight delayed my breakfast, now I was more hungry than ever.

My hunger only increased as time went on. I quickly raced up the moldy stairs to my apartment, my stomach making uncanny noises. Thankfully, Pinka was in her room.

I scouted each tier of the fridge, shuffling the cold drinks and fruit, until I came across something worthy to snack on. "This'll do just fine."

Per usual, I locked myself in my room. Making my way out upon the concrete balcony, I felt as my skin absorbed the vitamin-D emitting from the sun.

My fingers danced throughout the air, effortlessly releasing clouds of rose-colored gas. I played with my quirk, not noticing the effect it had on nearby plants.

The flora which decorated the railing of my balcony was now fast-asleep. Their leaves hung down, motionless as ever. A smug expression grew across my face, as I grinned to myself.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; hey yall, i'm sorry that this is kinda short and boring? i was seriously so uninspired & busy while i wrote this, majority of it was done while multitasking

next part will be better i hope lol

artwork by: sewrprince (i don't know what
platform, sorry!

words: 1079