part 33

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

My memory of last night was hazed, but I remember the feeling of true love. I woke up in Dabi's arms, laying in our shared bed at the hideout. He must've carried me all the way home, despite his exhausted body.

I gently planted a kiss upon his scarred cheek, accidentally waking him. "Babyy." I whined.

Dabi brought his hand behind my head, scrunching my hair with his fingers. He tugged my head closer to him, lightly smashing our lips together. I battered my eyelashes, smiling at the touch of his skin.

I dragged myself out of bed, not wanting to leave him. However, Dabi insisted on coming. "Let me go with you." he said, before getting out of bed with me.

For some reason, I had a bad feeling about this. Was he going to watch us train? Or, did he have other intentions. Nonetheless, I knew there was no point in trying to stop him.

Picking my dirty clothes off the floor, I then changed into them. Dabi and I walked the hallways together, making our way through the maze of a building. He trailed behind me, staying silent the entire time.

The chicken was waiting patiently for my arrival, smiling at me in the distance. That was, until he saw Dabi following me. Instantly, he put on a guard, unsure of what was going on. He honed his wings, ready to send his sharpened feathers our way.

"Oh? I just wanted to talk, little birdie." Dabi taunted.

I stood aside, picking at my nails and avoiding eye-contact with Hawks. After last night, I knew this would happen. Even if Dabi doesn't care about the league, he wouldn't let a pro hero ruin their plan.

Hawks waited for me to speak up, or at least move from my current position, but I let him down. "Damn, guess I was ratted out." Hawks admitted, sending me to the verge of tears.

He noticed my withdrawal, and quit pushing his words. Deep down, he knew I didn't want it to go this way. Dabi chuckled, before sending a blast of azure flames towards his way.

He was quick, the fastest hero I've ever seen. Dodging his flames with ease, he scarcely made it out of Dabi's range of fire. I couldn't watch any longer, so I ran.

I ran until I couldn't run anymore, scouting the area desperate for help. Hawks and Dabi, the only two people that had some kind of value to me, the only two who genuinely cared for me. In this fight, only one would make it out okay.

Bloodcurdling screams rang my ears, pushing me over the edge. Hawks' screams, they sent absolute chills down my spine. Finally, I scouted a blue station.

I slammed the door, as I sprinted towards the front desk. My legs were crumbling beneath me, and my lungs were out of oxygen. "P-please.."

"The forest. He needs you!" I continued.

Thankfully, the police could detect the fear in my voice. I pointed towards the trail in the forest, allowing them to lead the way. However, when we got there, it was too late.

Hawks laid nearly unconscious on the ground, his back stripped of all his vermillion feathers. I fell to my knees, as the police scouted the surrounding area. Using my quirk, I summoned a controllable gas cloud and passed it over Hawks' burnt face.

He tried to speak, but was no match for the intensity of my quirk. "Sleep, please." I said, stroking his hair in order to deliver comfort.

Once he passed out, I panned my eyes over the area. I don't think the police noticed that I was wanted, but they would soon, so I ditched. Dabi was nowhere to be seen, he must've fled too. I couldn't control my tears, they gushed down my cheeks without any given consent.

"This is going to ruin everything." I mumbled to myself. Dabi's assault would've done more worse than good, but there's no way it wasn't planned beforehand.

I made my way out of the forest, and onto the sidewalk. Ambulances and police cars had their sirens on full volume, shoving their ways through the piled traffic. My hair flew up from the gusting wind, as I stared into the distance.

Looking down at my phone screen, the first thing I noticed was the tsunami of missed calls from Toga. She must've already received the news about the situation, so I called her back.

"Umm, (Y/N)?" she asked.

"I know what you're going to say-" I cut her off.

"Tomura is kicking you out, but I disagree! Dabi is the one that broke the rules, not you." Toga continued. I admit, out of all the things I prepared myself for, being kicked out was not an option.

"Come home ASAP, kay?" were her last words, before she hung up the phone.

Dabi must've received a call too, and was on his way home. So, I followed, eventually making my way back to our hideout. As I made my way up the stairwell, my ears were able to make out a sound.

Through the thin walls of the building, I could easily make out raging yells. Shigaraki and Dabi were fighting, but this argument was different. It was more severe, both their voices occasionally cracking as they reached their highest pitch.

I unexcitedly opened the door to the hideout, and was instantly met with Shigaraki's fury. He was throwing cups at Dabi, but now attempted to throw them towards me.

"Look at what you've done!"

"Ruined our whole strategy, our game plan."

"The two of you are dead to me, worthless pawns in my world."

"God, do you ever shut up about games? You're an immature child, talk to me when your balls fucking drop." Dabi snapped, before wrapping his arm around my side.

He pushed me behind him, worried about my safety. Toga, and the rest of the members watched from afar. "Bye, you fucking wackjobs." Dabi said, before slamming the door shut.

I was too afraid to touch him, or even go near him. Dabi's skin seemed to steam, as he grew more pissed by the second. We made our way outside of the building, before Dabi began to chuckle. "They're so idiotic."

I figured Dabi had a plan. He was smart, and wouldn't throw away everything like this. "What about the police? Aren't they going to come and search for us?" I asked.

Dabi wasn't phased, confirming my idea that he in fact had a plan. "They'll search for the league instead, which we're no longer apart of."

"It's just you and me now, princess. Let's create a brighter future, together."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; i don't really know how to feel about this part other than the fact it's a huge mess and i'm really sorry lol

artwork by: 2Jhapita on twitter

words: 1152