part 43

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

After another week of relentless training, our big mission was finally happening. Over the course of the week, Dabi's theory was confirmed. However, it went farther than just one newly discovered type of gas cloud.

In fact, we had discovered the last two. The only cons were, they severely used up my energy. Corrosive and toxic gas, both types I can use to easily defend myself. That's if I want to take the risk, though, and deal with the piercing headaches.

Our mission was happening later this afternoon, and honestly, I was terrified. It was probably our biggest one yet, and I don't know if the two of us would leave that underground station alive, or not in police' hands.

I sat on the couch, waiting patiently as Dabi cooked up breakfast. The savory aroma paraded throughout the room, filling both of our nostrils with ecstasy. "Let me guess, waffles?" I asked.

"Not today, funny enough." Dabi responded, before I heard a sudden sizzling.

Almost instantly, my back turned. I peered back at him, trying to get a good peek at this rare breakfast. "Take a guess, maybe you'll be lucky." Dabi said.

"It's definitely bacon." I laughed.

He shook his head, upholding a fake expression of disappointment. "Try again."

"What?! There's no way it's not bacon." I argued, lifting my body up in an attempt to see.

Dabi shunned the pan from me, hiding the answer to breakfast. "You know I don't like bacon. Shit's gross."

"Come on, it's not that bad! If it's not bacon, then sausage?" I asked unsurely, tilting my head to the side.

He flashed the pan down, showing me the golden-brown sausages which he had just cooked up. My eyes filled with stars, as I hopped off the couch and made my way towards the kitchen counter. I came to Dabi's side, and looked down at the cast iron pan.

As he turned away and began plating our breakfast, Dabi began to ask questions. "So, your ear piercings healing well?"

I embraced Dabi from behind, sticking my cold hands up his loose shirt. My nose rubbed against his back, eventually getting stopped by one of his stitches. "Yeah, but they're still a bit sore."

He twisted his body, holding up a plate of honey sausage and white rice, partnered with sunny-side eggs. "Here you go."

I took the serving from his hand, and stood at the other side of the counter. Surprisingly, Dabi was an amazing cook. Everything he prepared was delicious, but he probably learned those cooking skills at home.

"Look alive, I got a surprise for you." he said, before reaching deeply into his pockets.

Dabi pulled out a pair of heavy masks, ones decorated with spikes and chains. They were our new gas masks, and they covered only about half of our face. I reached my hand towards one, snatching it out of his hand. "Holy crap!"

I covered my face with the decorated mask, pretending to wear it. "How do I look?"

Both masks were a matte black, decorated neatly with metal chains and spikes. They covered up to our noses, blocking out my quirk's intensity. "Not too bad." Dabi laughed.

After finishing my breakfast, I tossed the messy dish into the sink. I stood up and stretched my body, before placing the gas mask upon the counter. Before leaving to the bedroom, I turned on the television. However, the current channel playing intrigued me, causing my feet to anchor into the ground.

"Metro stations packed with civilians, causing delayed trains and built-up traffic." the television repeated.

I began to laugh, and so did he. "Lucky day, huh?" Dabi said, before towering his plate over mine.

"New masks, and a shitload of people crowding the trains. This is gonna be fun." he continued, before following me into the bedroom.

"It's gonna be cold, so let's wear something warm." I said, scouting throughout our clothes.

After a few minutes, Dabi and I had decided on the outfits we were going to wear. Thankfully, they matched well with our new arrival of masks. I looked at Dabi's pointy nose, which had three studs pierced through.

"You know, at first I thought those were blackheads." I said, laughing.

He looked at me in confusion, not knowing I was directing my view towards his nose. "What are you on about?"

I flicked my finger against his nose, yet his aloof expression didn't change. "These studs."

"Blackheads? Seriously?" he laughed. When I first met Dabi, he seemed so emotionless and cold, yet now that we've grown closer, he's a completely different person under the seams.

"I mean, why would you need such big studs?" I said, feeling down his nose.

Dabi turned away, chuckling at my words. He approached the floor mirror, then undressing his pajamas. I glanced my eyes towards him, tilting my head. "Why are you getting dressed already? Our mission isn't till five."

He pulled his trademarked coat over his shoulders, before adjusting the collar in the mirror. "I'd advise for you to get dressed now. If we head there early, we can sneak around. You know, get comfortable with our surroundings." he said.

After groaning, I decided to follow after Dabi's command. I attached my leather harness onto my thighs, strapping on the filled gas grenades. The villain organization Dabi and I worked under ordered me to use them, throwable gas bombs. However, I had to manually fill them.

Covering the leather harness, I wore a slitted mini-skirt. My outfit was flashy, as a black bralette covered a quarter of my chest, leaving my arms and stomach exposed. I did a twirl, my mini-skirt flying throughout the current of wind. "Cute!" I exclaimed.

Looking down at my golden rings, the sight took me back to a memorable one. I remember daydreaming, glancing out my old apartment window and onto the many lives which filled the street. That night, I admired my rings similar to how I am now.

I threw on a pair of black boots, ones that I could easily run with. They were decorated in several buckles, along with cute prints I had painted on throughout the duration of owning them.

Dabi and I rushed out the bedroom, quickly grabbing our masks on our way out the door. I slipped it on, adjusting its grip onto my skin. I had no time to do my hair, but my outfit made up for that.

The instant gusts of wind flew past my body, giving me immediate goosebumps. However, Dabi's warm grip on my hand and the thrilling feeling of being together made me forget all about the freezing temperature.

Dabi turned back to me, the lights from the city flashing and reflecting off his raven hair as we passed behind buildings. The sun was setting on the city, and the sky around us grew into a dark grey. "Let's burn it all down, baby."

"Knock those false heroes off their shiny pedestals." he said laughing maniacally, exposing his pearl teeth.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; these parts get harder to write each time 😭😭 BUT THATS OKAY

artwork by: emmalfiart
words: 1195