part 4

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

A warm, ray of sun reflected onto my strands of hair and into my pupils, waking me up. "I must have slept in a weird position" I thought, because an intense feeling of acid radiated throughout my arm.

I flung my slender legs off the beaten mattress, and dragged myself to the quiet bathroom. My mouth was encased with thick saliva that had built-up throughout the cold night. The industrial lights which scattered themselves around the apartment were absent, informing me that Pinka was still asleep.

A splash of polar water seaped into my skin, as I began to wash my face. I peered my eyes down at my phone screen, and read the digital calendar. It was Saturday, meaning I had to go and fetch groceries.

The scent of stinging mint filled my nostrils, as I slowly pinched the metal duct of toothpaste. Soft, plastic bristles grazed gently over my teeth, avoiding my sensitive gums. Inhaling before spitting out my toothpaste, I then rinsed out my mouth.

My vision was beginning to unfog, as I dragged myself back to my bedroom. I guided my lace nightgown down my body, undoing the white ribbons which kept it secure. After quickly slipping a hoodie over my bare chest, and throwing on some running shorts, I dashed out the front door.

The local supermarket wasn't far from here, in fact, it was just a few streets down. I walked with my hands in my pockets, examining my hot breath which was now visible throughout winter.

I surely wasn't prepared for the sudden cold weather, as goosebumps began to arise from my skin. Sharp blades of cold air sliced through the fabric concealing my body, turning my nipples stiff. "I'll be fine, besides the supermarket isn't too far away." I thought.

Once I had arrived, I felt a wave of relief pass over my body. The supermarket was warm, and the aroma of fresh produce and plastic bags were all too familiar. I read over the shopping list in my head, making sure to memorize each request. "Spices, fruits.. and Calbee snacks?"

"Pinka, what the heck?" I laughed to myself.

Picking up a small, lightweight, shopping basket I head over to the produce section. Lush shades of green filled my view, making me hungry. I gathered what I needed, and head onto the next aisle.

Our favorite aisle. I'm talking about the snack one, of course! Bright packaging served as eye-candy for young kids, the aisle sold all types of snacks. Chips, candies, and more. Pinka had requested for Calbee snacks. They were quite popular, and came in a wide variety of flavors, but Pinka always preferred the buttered ones. The snacks resembled french-fries, but they were a bit crispier than normal ones which you would find at fast-food places.

After paying for all of the necessities, I made my way back onto the street. Delicate snowflakes began to fall, it was our first snow. My fingers carried the transparent grocery bags with ease, as I happily made my walk home, until I was stopped.

"Hey, hey, hey! Nice legs, lady."

"Oh yeah, what a looker!"

Those words not only feared me, but caused my entire body to freeze. Two men, one was short and stubby, and the other tall yet thin. My feet sunk into the ground, not even budging.

"I bet she's got some tits on her, covered by that hoodie."

"The best goods are always covered up, why is that?"