part 20

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

Luckily, Hawks didn't follow me. He allowed me to leave, so I did. In an attempt to draw my thoughts away, I looked down at my phone screen. Pinka had sent me a wave of alarming texts, ones that made me nervous to step inside of the apartment once more.

"(Y/N), we need to talk." those words confronted me. I wonder what she could possibly want.

It was about five in the afternoon, and the sun was beginning to go down. I felt the grease on my face, as I awaited my night shower. After climbing up the moldy stairwell to my apartment, I then slowly twisted the doorknob open.

Pinka was awaiting me, already ready to talk. "I genuinely feel so disgusting, can we discuss this later?" I asked.

She shuffled her knee in annoyance, before continuing on about the topic she spoke of a few minutes ago. "No, this is important!"

"What's going on tonight, (Y/N)?" she asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. To be honest, I was absolutely clueless. "Uh, isn't it just like any other night? Now, let me go shower, please."

However, Pinka wouldn't let me free. She blatantly stood in front of the hallway, blocking it from me. "Tonight, we have a shift. You obviously don't care, though."

"For the past few months, I've been the only one attending our shifts! I hate being the only provider." she continued.

My mindset had changed, I really couldn't care less about a worthless shift. In fact, I couldn't stand being near someone like Pinka anymore. Whatever was about to come, I'm already prepared for its impact.

"I'm kicking you out, (Y/N). It was hard enough tolerating your little crime act, and now you aren't even willing to help me with bills!" Pinka exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes, before heading to my bedroom. If she's kicking me out, then that's her final choice. Annoyingly, Pinka stopped me from entering my bedroom though, too. "There's no time for packing. Go stay with your criminal boyfriend, and learn what it's like to provide for yourself."

"Don't even try to come up with a fake apology! I'm ready to dial the authorities anytime." she continued.

Our years worth of friendship, now turned to shambles. Was she really willing to call the authorities on me? I guess it didn't mean that much, after all. Maybe it was the events of today that triggered these unusual thoughts, but my body was about to crumble from exhaustion, so I went along with it.

I didn't say anything, before heading out the apartment door. My skin glistened under the golden tones of the sun, making me feel even more disgusting than before. Somehow, I felt like this was all a fever dream. It was all too surreal, and unnatural to be happening.

I climbed down the stairwell, feeling conflicted. Dabi didn't have a cellphone, but coincidentally, he rang me as soon as I needed him. I quickly picked up the call, allowing the word vomit to spill out. "Wait, before you say anything."

My voice was shaky, but Dabi understood. "I got kicked out." I whined.

Dabi paused for a moment, whilst he planned his next move. To be honest, I had no idea where he lived, but hopefully I could stay with him. He was my last chance now, the only person I truly had. I tried to conceal my tears, but the reality of it all hit me at once.

He comforted me, as I sniffled lightly on speaker-phone. "Stay where you are. I'm coming."

Even though Dabi couldn't see from miles away, I nodded in agreement. As I mindlessly paced around the parking lot, the sun descended past the horizon. Streetlights which decorated the area went to work, and began to flicker their bulbs of light.

Finally, the silhouette of a muscular man came into my point of view. I sprinted towards the shadow, extending my arms out. Dabi's body warmed me to the touch, his heat intoxicating. "Thank god you're here!"

"Look, before we leave, I need to warn you. My friends can get a bit, odd." he cautioned. I wondered if today was the day, when I got the opportunity to meet his friends. My expectations were simple, they must be other villains.

We began to walk down the street, but it took Dabi a while to get to my apartment, so I'm guessing that where he stays must be far away. He gazed down at the top of my head, forming his next words. "Explain to me what happened."

I slipped my fingers with his, creating friction between our skin. "Wouldn't it be better to explain it there?" Dabi then nodded at me, as I didn't want to explain to the same crowd twice.

"Alright, then. Are you hungry, or something? I don't mind picking something up." he asked.

Food, it was definitely a topic I didn't want lingering in my head. After this morning, I no longer wanted to eat anything for the rest of the day. I shrugged at his words, giving him a hint that I didn't want to talk.

Then, Dabi slipped away into a darkened alleyway. The concrete resting beneath our feet was littered with crushed cigarettes, and cracked alcohol glasses. I carefully watched my step, afraid of glass slicing through the base of my sneakers. "Why are we going this way?" I asked.

"Just a shortcut." he mumbled. Before I could walk any further, Dabi swept me off my feet. "You really don't want to get your shoes dirty, huh?"

I relaxed my body within his arms, hanging my slender legs off of his biceps. My fingers gripped onto his shirt tightly, as he continued to walk throughout the suspicious alley. Scared of being too heavy, I then restricted myself from squirming too often. "I guess you're just going to have to be my prince, then." I teased.

"Oh? And what if I did this?" there wasn't a reason to be insecure about my weight, as Dabi seemed to carry me with ease. He flung my body over his shoulder, causing my shirt to slightly slide off. My stomach was now exposed, and my shorts nearly flashing my ass-cheeks to the public. "Would you still consider me your prince?"

I whined and squirmed, uncomfortable in my current position. Dabi's piercings were slightly digging into my skin, the pain gradually increasing. My locks of hair flowed down my shoulders, as we entered an unknown territory. "I've never seen this street before."

"Yeah, nobody really comes here." that I could tell, as the streetlights were all burned out. Plastic grocery bags flew with the breeze, littering every crevice of the street. I had no idea this place even existed, it was filthy. There was no living creature in sight, except for giant street rats, and dead birds.

Dabi led me to an old building, one which was obviously abandoned. Some windows on the first floor were shattered, almost like they were blasted out. Vines and mold thrived atop the metal framework. Then, Dabi spoke once more.

"We're here."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; god the ending of this part was hard

i didn't know what to do because since this is after pro hero arc & hawks already knows about the league, their hideout is def destroyed

i'm seriously just going to put them in some random hideout, not the bar since that was destroyed

artwork by: aranciojellyfish on twitter

words: 1250