part 23

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

It was the morning after Shigaraki's big fit, and he seemed to have calmed down. He hadn't taken the time to introduce himself to me, but I could care less.

I had already guessed that this was the "league of villains". They all seem to have extraordinary quirks, and an undeniable grudge against heroes.

"How's your friend?" Dabi asked, whilst stroking my wisps of hair. We had all been basking in the comfort of our living room. Dabi and I were on the couch, while Toga and Twice played card games atop the filthy rug.

"I haven't heard from her." I said. Pinka hasn't reached out to me at all, which honestly broke my heart. Now, I know she wasn't kidding. It was a good thing that the league didn't work, instead, we occasionally got allowances.

My head rested peacefully in Dabi's lap, as he sat upright on the torn couch. I playfully fondled my fingers with his, thinking about what Toga said to me the night prior. "Love, huh?"

"Dabi.." I mumbled, as my eyes glanced up and locked with his. After gripping my fingers around his charred skin, I felt as he began to caress my cheek. Planting a kiss on his hand, we were then interrupted by a loud voice.

"(Y/N), come! I wanna paint your nails." Toga begged.

"Hold on. Where's my say in this?" Dabi stopped. His grin was short-lived, as Toga's presence caused it to fade away. "It's my turn with (Y/N)."

She whined loudly, obviously annoyed by this roadblock. From a distance, I could hear Shigaraki complaining. "What's the hype with that weirdo? There's nothing particular about her.."

The two of them ignored his remark, and continued their petty argument. "But she promised that we could paint each other's nails today!" Toga cried.

Dabi looked at me for confirmation, to which I nodded my head. "I'm sure you can wait." I giggled, before getting out of his lap.

Toga pulled my arm, forcing me with her down the hallway. We turned away from Dabi, as we head into her bedroom. However, he didn't miss his chance to throw a flirtatious remark. "Later, she's all mine.."

His words instantly made me blush, causing me to hit my knees together. I was obviously flustered, now feeling as if I was going to burst. Toga laughed, seeming as if she didn't pick up the scandalous hint.

We made a swift turn into her room, before Toga let go of my hand. She brought over a plastic bag, one filled with a wide variety of nail polish. "Be picking one, kay?"

"Kay!" I responded, whilst shuffling throughout the many shades of polish. My hair began to fly in front of my face, as I turned towards Toga. She had switched on her fan, possibly to make the drying process a whole lot quicker.

Toga sat down next to me, inching awfully close. "Have you chosen one yet?" she asked. I nodded my head, and reached a simple, black nail polish towards her face. "This one." I requested.

She began to shake the bottle of black nail polish, whilst also carefully deciding her shade. "Do you think yellow would look good?"

"Yeah, it would really suit your hair." I agreed. Toga took ahold of my hand, carefully holding it in the direction of the fan, before opening the polish jar. Once opened, the poisonous fumes took no time waiting. They distributed around the room, filling every unknown crevice.

Toga admired my fingertips, squeezing them occasionally to see the blood flow. Then, she began to apply the jet black polish in long strokes. "I know it, (Y/N). It was easy to tell, but you made it too obvious!"

My head tilted in thought, wondering about what she meant. "You love Dabi, don't you?" she teased.

"Love, love, love!" she repeated. I tried to shush her with my other hand, as I didn't want to bother the one with drying polish. "Aah, shut up already! They're going to hear you." I cried.

"So what if I do, anyways? He might like me, but he surely doesn't love me back." I complained to her. Although, despite my worries, Toga still pushed me. "I can help you with everything, it's okay! Like in those old stories."

"You know, when the girl confesses her love underneath blossoming cherry trees." Toga continued to ramble. I would rather keep my feelings to myself, than propose under some tree. She gave me several pieces of advice, all which I blocked out from my head.

I picked the yellow nail polish from the bag, and began to shake the remaining fluid. If she could, Toga would definitely be twirling and parading throughout her room. However, she needed to stay still. "Are you guys dating? That's soo cute!-"

"Toga, shushh!" I complained, before knocking her hand gently with mine. "If you're going to talk about these things, you better whisper."

Without asking, Toga reached her hand up to my face. She showed off her nails, which she had been cleaned prior to our girl time. I gripped onto her fingers, bringing them down to a reasonable altitude. "I guess we're just seeing each other. We've been on a few dates, but we never officially decided on being.. you know"

As the soft bristles stroked over her nails, applying a pigmented coat of yellow, Toga continued to talk endlessly. "A couple! Awww.."

Her next choice of words probably did more harm than good, as it pushed my heart to the verge. "You must be special, then. Dabi's never been in love! He's so emotionless like that sometimes, but he's still a good guy." He's never been in love? Then of course, he wouldn't have developed feelings for me.

After painting each other's nails, we began to wait aimlessly for the fan to finish drying the several coats of nail polish. Toga was happy with her results, hugging me and dancing around her room. Whilst I was conflicted, and currently re-thinking a lot of my past and future choices.

"Should I tell him? Is it worth it?" those words clouded my head, causing my actions to be abnormal. Tonight, I'm staying with Dabi in his room. I'll try to tell him then, I guess.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; OH MY HKHEIFJEIJFIENFIEJFKEJD

Let us ALL! Bow to HimIko Tgoa.

this part is so short i'm sorry i promise the next one is uhhh spicy

artwork by: bell_MHA on twitter

words: 1085