part 16

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

After a few more minutes of walking, we finally arrived at the mall. The loud noise, consisting of people talking and children giggling, distributed itself throughout the mall.

Giant crowds of people gathered at a certain spot, making me curious. "Ooh, what's over there?"

A random woman rushed past me, her scent filling my nostrils. She budged into my shoulder, then opened her lips to speak. "It's the kids from 1-A!"

Now that I was aware of what was drawing the crowd, my ears began to pick up other people's whispers.

"I heard they're official heroes now!"

"Wow! Isn't that Endeavor's son? He's so handsome!"

"Do you think they're here on a class trip?"

Dabi and I stopped walking, obviously taking a moment to think before deciding our next move. My hand gripped onto his, as I began to make my way towards the large crowd. However, he stopped me. "Wait, (Y/N). Don't go."

I turned my head to face him, and for the first time ever, I saw a slight hint of fear in his sapphire eyes. He was scared, scared of the source which drew in so much attention. My body moved closer to his, respecting his wish. "Okay."

"Why was he scared of 1-A? He seems to be on edge at the thought of heroes, but why?" I thought to myself, as we walked in the opposite direction.

We passed several boutiques and salons, yet none of them caught my eye. Until I saw it, a tattoo shop. "Woah! Do you think I'd look good with piercings?" I said, whilst caressing my earlobes.

"Hell yeah. Although, why waste your money paying for a piercing? I'll do it for you." Dabi replied.

I giggled, and blushed at the thought. That's true, Dabi must be skilled at creating piercings. "Mhmm, whatever you say."

A warm feeling brewed inside of my stomach, as Dabi's fingers entwined with mine. Everything seemed perfect, yet I had worries. Something was wrong, I felt as if we were being followed.

We had just boarded the ascending escalator, when the feeling became too overwhelming. I scouted the mall with my eyes, trying to pick up every small detail. Suddenly, I noticed it.

Two boys lied at the bottom of the escalator, glaring up at us. "1-A kids? Why are they following us?" Those were the thoughts that ran through my head, searching every crevice for a solution.

One of the boys had a round face, which was framed with messy, yet fluffy locks of dark-green hair. He had large, circular eyes, ones that took up most of the space on his face. "Are those freckles, too? How adorable." I mumbled to myself.

Dabi felt it too, the gut-wrenching sensation of being followed. His grip tightened around my hand, before he subtly rushed off the escalator. He felt my fear, and comforted me. "Get a good look at them. It's alright, baby. They want me."

I peered over the glass railing, attempting to get a closer look at the other boy. He was reasonably tall, and rather muscular too. The boy's hair was evenly split between two colors, crimson red and pearl white.