part 46

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

It was the morning after, which was bound to be chaotic. Since the discovery of Touya, Dabi has become extremely wanted. We both were, I mean. Who wouldn't be wanted after massacring hundreds of innocent civilians?

I spit out my mint toothpaste, and wiped the excess off the corners of my mouth. Looking into the mirror, the only thing I could notice was my butchered hair. It was uneven, and shortened to my shoulder blades.

Endeavor had been on and off news channels, desperately searching and raising the reward for coming across Dabi. About Hawks, nobody was really sure, not even me. Ever since last night's mission, I couldn't help but feel conflicted about who I've become.

"Is this life really for me?" I asked myself. When I was younger, I surely couldn't have imagined growing up to be a serial criminal. Dabi and I were constantly on the run, this lifestyle was just too high maintenance.

I brushed through my hair with ease, all of my prior split-ends chopped off. Tonight, Dabi had scheduled a night out with me, in order to take some stress off my shoulders. However, for all I know, he currently wasn't home.

Leaving the bathroom, all the lights in our apartment were off. I preferred natural lighting over industrial lighting, anyways. "I guess I should make something." I mumbled. Usually, Dabi would cook.

I examined over the kitchen cabinets, opening and closing the wooden drawers. After my search resulted to nothing, I figured that I could just go out to eat, though it would have to be light and cheap.

Quickly pulling a fleece jacket over my rags of clothes, I remembered to lock the door on the way out. "A bakery would be nice." I said to myself.

Thankfully, I didn't have to take extra precaution to stay hidden. We wore masks anyway, and this new haircut changed my look completely. After strolling down the street for a few minutes, I finally came across a good pastry shop.

The door chimed as I came in, my nose immediately filled with the sweet aroma of warm pastries. In the bakery, customers took small trays and went around picking off the delectable food.

My eyes admired the goldenly baked bread, nearly causing my mouth to drool. I picked up a plastic tray, and went around the motion of the bakery, carefully choosing my lunch. "Oh, wow!" I thought, my vision panning over a simple ham and cheese croissant.

Selecting the croissant, I then made my way to the friendly cashier. She seemed so joyful and happy, which really made me think. "How far has my sanity dropped, to the point where I can easily surround myself with civilians?" I asked myself.

She delicately placed the croissant into a plastic bag, before handing it over to me. I took ahold of the handle, and made my way out the door, these thoughts growing and stretching deeper.

"I want out of this villain life, once and for all." I said, taking a bite from the heated croissant.

As I strolled down the street, admiring the beautiful storefronts, I finally decided it was the day. Once again, the glass door created a chiming melody as I walked through. With the little money I had left, I had wandered into a boutique.

The dresses are beautiful, stuff that I could only wear in dreams. From the corner of my eye, I spotted a flowy, angelic dress. It had minor frills, and was made of sheer fabric. Using my leftover money, I spent nearly all of it on the light dress.