part 14

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

I laid impatiently in bed, allowing my body to be consumed by the stained sheets. My head was drowning in a deep sea of thoughts, contemplating all of my choices up to this point.

Then, a loud bang at my door pulled me out of my dream-state. "(Y/N)! You ready?"

"Ready?" I asked, still not having the energy to get up.

"For our shift.." Pinka replied. After glancing to my phone screen, I noticed a tsunami of missed calls.

I flipped onto my side, and strained my eyes, whilst attempting to read who sent the calls. It was none other than Dabi, he was awaiting me at our special spot, but something was off.

"Quick, (Y/N). You can't go to this shift." my thoughts raced, quickly trying to pull an excuse out of my ass.

"I got my cycle, so I won't be shifting tonight, sorry." I hoped my excuse was good enough.

There was a hint of disappointment in Pinka's voice, but she understood. "Okay! That's fine, I guess. Stay home and rest, we have heat-packs if you need them."

Once Pinka had left, I quickly jumped off my bed, rushing to turn the apartment lights off. "Please be okay." I repeated to myself. There was something wrong, and I needed to hurry.

Dashing out of my apartment, I skipped several steps on the trek down to the parking lot. As oxygen rushed into my nostrils, I could tell the air was denser tonight. My feet quickly moved in front of the other, running at a speed I couldn't control. Bits of gravel got stuck under the base of my shoes, nearly making me trip.

The wind diced through my locks of hair, similar to a sharpened knife. I felt as the breeze dried out my pupils, making them sting and burn. In the distance, Dabi's muscular build was merely a silhouette, but grew in detail as I drew closer.

I caught his attention, and began to approach him at a slower pace. Dabi was moving sluggishly, almost with a hunch in his back. He gripped onto my shoulders with his cold hands, and pressed his forehead against mine. "(Y/N)."

Dabi's words were slurred, and came out in broken pieces. My eyes gazed up at his rough, scarred lips, before peering into his blue eyes. His inflamed, bloodshot pupils then thrashed me aback. "Dabi, you're.."

It was obvious that he had reached ecstasy, but with the help of unknown drugs. The slurred words, which continued to spurt out of his mouth, proved to me he was also drunk. "How pretty."

"Pretty?" I thought. Disregarding his crazed state of mind, Dabi still seemed to somewhat understand his surroundings.

As he leaned over me, I received a consistent smell of his body odor, mixed with a strong aroma of liquor and weed. I needed to do something, but what?

Then I remembered it, I had always kept a water bottle in the back of my purse when we had training. I quickly shuffled throughout my bag, disorganizing my handy things.

After screwing off the plastic cap, I reached the now-warmed water bottle up to Dabi's rugged lips. "Please, drink. It'll help you sober up."

Thankfully, Dabi was able to comprehend my words. He was still sluggish, and definitely high, but he was able to understand me. It was almost like he had lost control of his senses.

Dabi drank from the warm bottle, and pressed his weight more atop me. I stroked his gnarled cheek with my fingertips, and shut my sensitive eyelids. "Hey, it's okay. You're going to be fine."

"I wonder what happened." I thought. Something, or someone, provoked this.

Even though we were alone, I felt uncomfortable. The street was dead silent, you could only hear the chirping crickets, and the cold gusts of wind flying by. I grabbed ahold of Dabi's hand, guiding him to our secret meadow. He trailed behind me, almost letting his fingertips slip off mine.

I let go of Dabi's hand, and rested atop the dancing wisps of grass. My locks of hair intertwined with the soft blades, as I curled my toenails into the rich soil. "No training tonight, huh?"

Dabi continued to take occasional sips of the warm water. My words had provoked an egotistical smile which expanded across his apple cheeks. "Guess not."

My thoughts bested me, as I knew that Dabi wouldn't lose control like this. "So, care to explain what happened?" I requested.

Dabi turned away, immediately refusing to give me an answer. I sat upright, and showed obvious disappointment with his words. "Knew it."

"Honestly, what even are we?" I complained.

He knelt in front of me, whilst keeping his lips sealed. Over the course of these past few months, Dabi and I had gotten too close for comfort, yet nothing ever became official. "I mean, we always get so close. Don't get me wrong! It doesn't make me uncomfortable or anything, but nothing ever happens-"

Suddenly, a coarse texture grazed lightly upon my lips. Dabi's long, raven strands of hair blanketed my forehead, as he pressed his body heavily onto mine. "So fucking beautiful."

The unexpected kiss immediately caused my cheeks to flush bright red. It was paralyzing, and caused my body to freeze. Once Dabi released his lips from mine, small strings of our mixed saliva fell gently onto my lap.

I didn't want to even consider this thought, but Dabi currently wasn't in the right state of mind. Our romantic moment was just another thing to regret. "Please, stop. You're not thinking straight, this probably all means nothing."

"Oh, I know what I want." Dabi remarked. His sapphire eyes locked with mine, as his face drew closer. Finally, he popped the question, one that I never thought he'd ask. "Go out with me, (Y/N)."

By now, I was speechless. In the span of five minutes, my coveted feelings developed into something more. I reluctantly nodded my head, accepting his request. "This doesn't change the fact that you're still an asshole, though." I giggled.

Dabi unfolded his knees, and stood up once more. Dusting off the excess dirt from my shorts, I then got up to face him. He looked down at me in awe, causing me to peer away. "That reminds me, I've finally decided on a nickname for you."

"A nickname?" I curiously asked. It really took him over two months to decide on a silly nickname for me, how adorable. I couldn't wait to hear what name he's decided on, especially if it took this long.

Reaching his muscular hands behind me, Dabi then caressed my lower back. He pressed his forehead against mine, hanging his head downwards to look at me. My frayed clothes began to absorb his personal scent, which consisted mostly of body odor.

My bare feet anchored themselves into the soil, refusing to budge whatsoever. A sour taste encased the interior of my mouth, as his lips once again drew closer. Similar to fitting puzzle pieces, Dabi's lips gently connected with mine, making me twitch.

"My princess."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; i don't know whether to hate this part or like it??
update: i love it lolz

anyways goodnight yall its 2 am ❤️ i love you so much

artwork by: nanao_2 (i don't know which platform, sorry!)

words: 1228