part 44

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

When we arrived at the metro station, the early winter night had already arrived. It was crowded, but not as bundled up as it would be past five. Dabi and I would definitely stand out, so we hid in the shade.

We sneaked in past the checkers, and ended up beside the railroad tracks. Everything was underground, and dimly lit by occasional wall lights. I pranced my way down the sidewalk of the track, confused about where we were going.

"I thought it would stink." I said, my eyes examining the surrounding concrete.

The train wasn't anywhere near us, the only audible thing being dripping water. Several tubes connected all over the place, sometimes getting too close for comfort. However, as our feet drew farther down the sidewalk, the corridor began to narrow.

The distance between my feet and the track was slim, as I then felt Dabi tug on my hand. "Hang on."

He summoned a small cobalt flame to his fingertip, using it as a light source. Now, I could see my surroundings clearer. The tracks beneath our feet were creased and aged, obviously not in function. "It's abandoned?"

"But didn't we come from the lively area?" I asked.

Dabi looked around, using his eyes to scope the place. He took a moment to think, before deciding his next move. "Toss one there." he said, pointing further down the shadowy corridor.

I slipped my hand down my thigh, plucking off a basic smoke grenade. After pulling the tag, I quickly hurled the grenade towards the darkness. It took a few seconds, but the familiar pop sound was all Dabi needed.

He blasted his quirk, lighting up a massive connecting area. It sparked with my gas, setting the place ablaze. The area lead to two other tracks, which I had presumed to be abandoned. "Just like I thought." Dabi mumbled.

Our stroll led us to an abandoned part of the station, yet it all fell into our plan. By blasting fire down the separate tracks, it would eventually spread to the public, getting fueled by the leftover oil on the way. I turned around, facing the way we came from.

"Nobody will find us here, right?" I asked, worried.

Dabi continued to pump out his flames, which basked in my quirk. The intense heat would melt the tracks, causing the metro to cave in and destroy any train that passes "You scared, or something?" he asked.

"Of course I'm scared! There's not exactly an easy way out." I argued.

His production of flames reduced, as he left the rest to spread and melt our surroundings. Dabi turned around, showing off the most smug expression. "Then let's keep moving."

The furious, cobalt flames made my thighs glisten, as Dabi and I strolled back down the abandoned track. One after another, we blocked off the metro tracks. "Ah!" I screamed, as our surroundings shook with a single bang.

I clung onto Dabi, who didn't seem to flinch at all. "Looks like one crashed." he said, before chuckling.

After that crash, another one came, rattling the ground beneath our feet. We came to a stop, and were immediately tossed aback by a sudden gust of wind. It was a metro train, one that seemed to be untouched by the blazing flames.

Dabi hopped on with ease, as the train moved at a stable pace. He reached his hand out to me, and I barely got on in time. We were at the back of the train, our hair flying upwards relentlessly. Gripping onto the metal rail, I began to laugh. "What the fuck are we doing?"

I looked at Dabi, who's face flashed with the passing lights. He grinned widely, before directing his eyes towards the back door of the train. "Damn."

"You wanna go for it?" he asked.

Picking a smoke grenade off my harness, I then began to giggle. "Leave it to me!"

I opened the backdoor of the train, and came into the cabin. Nothing could describe the terror in these peoples' faces, they were all shaken up by the repeating bangs. They looked at me, their eyes screaming "outcast".

Pulling on the tag of the grenade, I then tossed it into the middle of the cabin. The impact of the fall caused it to explode instantly, filling the cart with citrine-colored fumes. "Oh well." I sighed.

As I paraded from cart to cart, I dangled my fingers, letting gravity take ahold of them. Releasing streams of toxic gas from all five rings, I hummed to myself.

Teasing the innocent civilians on the train, I blatantly laughed in their faces as their bodies stood paralyzed. "Hey, your mouth is kinda hanging."

"What an unlucky way to die." I said, before flicking my finger against a woman's face.

My boots clanked against the cold floor, as I made my way towards the driver room. Once I found my little prized possession, I twirled my trusty pocket-knife around my finger, before holding it up to his broad throat. "Hey." I said, showing no real emotion in my voice.

The man screamed, rubbing his oil and grime against my skin. I pressed the blade against his windpipe, sending him into a downward spiral. "If I were you, I would shut up."

"Anyways, how do you turn off this thing?" I asked, pointing my other finger towards all the clustered buttons.

For some odd reason, the man complied. I didn't complain, though. His words stuttered, as he practically begged for his life. "T-That button.."

I was still confused, but the direction of his eyes showed me the correct way. After pressing down on the button, the train began to slowly brake. However, after I finished, the man attempted to run. With a swift kick to the crotch, he fell back, sulking in the pain.

"That wasn't very nice." I complained, before picking up the limp man. I walked out of the room, and into the silent cart, exposing the train-driver to the massacre.

"Off you go, like the rest of them." I said, tossing the weak man onto the cold floor. He crawled and crawled, but ended up nowhere. Everything was okay, until the train was immediately encased in waves of blue flames, causing me to slightly lose balance.

Without thinking, my feet dashed towards the back. I swung the heavy door open, my eyes instantly scouting the area for Dabi. "Baby?!" I yelled, praying for a response.

I hopped off the ledge, just to be met with a fiery sight. A mix of blue and red spread throughout the sides of my pupils, until I realized it. Dabi looked winded, nearly succumbing to the intense heat.

The overwhelming flames glistened against my skin, making me sweat. I crawled over Dabi's weakened body, taking all the hits of the fire. It was agonizing, the feverish heat seeping into the pores on my back. "Get up, you can't leave me yet!"

Clunking footsteps resounded behind me, before I peered back to examine the source. My mouth hung ajar, as the terror of a man slowly approached us, with a shocked expression stuck on his face. "Endeavor.." Dabi mumbled.

"Touya." the pro hero responded.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; i'm seriously cringing at my own writing i'm so sorry lol these last parts are hardd

artwork by: samarasofiii on DeviantArt
words: 1230