part 8

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

"Oh, shoot. I need to go."

Pinka whined loudly, whilst holding on to my arm. "Shift time already?"

I nodded my head, and dashed to the bathroom to fix up quickly. After a few minutes, I had managed to make my hair look decent and my skin not so dull. From inside of the bathroom, I could barely hear Pinka shuffling through my clothes.

"Uh, the black heels or the gold ones?" she yelled from my bedroom.

"Any is fine!" I replied.

After touching my features up, I walked back out into the living room. Pinka had delicately hung a new, clean outfit for me over the couch. Pairing the starry, blue outfit with golden heels, she patiently waited for me to try it on.

I ran my fingertips over the fabric, and smiled to myself. The gold and blue went perfectly together, reminding me of celestial colors. Whilst quickly slipping on the outfit, Pinka began to unlock the door.

"You're going to be late!" she exclaimed.

My heels were so tall, I nearly tripped as I ran towards the door. The tips of my hair effortlessly flowed into light drills, bouncing up and down as I trudged foot.  I made my way down the stairwell, holding my body, yet trying not to fall.

A cab that Pinka called for was waiting at the entrance of our apartment complex, then I hopped in. Believe me, I was still terrified of this upcoming shift. The faded splashes of confidence were drawn from the thought of Dabi, and that he could possibly be at the club.

The cold atmosphere of the outside was shown onto the windows, creating small drops of water which streamed down the tinted glass. My experience in the taxi was so far, smooth. Then, I realized I had completely forgotten something.

"Shoot, my jacket!" The jacket which I had always brought to shifts, in case of a weather emergency. It was missing from my bag, causing me to silently panic. "Wow. Lucky day, (Y/N)." I thought to myself.

A sudden, loud voice left the driver's mouth, thrashing me slightly aback. He had been quiet the entire drive, and now he decides to suddenly yell in my face? As he adjusted his rear-view mirror, I prepared my bags and my brain for what was about to come.

"We're here!" he yelled.

I nodded and tossed him a smile, before placing unscathed emerald bills onto his palm. The bright lights radiating off the club's sign reflected onto the concrete, and metal rails. Pinka had sent me several text messages, which I was only noticing now.

"You got this!"

"Text me if you need anything. Love ya!"

A smile formed over my cheeks, as her texts supplied me with a perfect amount of serotonin to continue. Like before, the club was soundproof. One couldn't hear the blaring noises from outside, but once you passed the heavy, metal doors, they burned through your eardrums.

I slowly made my way inside of the club, and unsurprisingly was blasted with heavy sound-waves and a tsunami of body odor. The smell reeked absolute havoc on my nostrils, causing me to nearly gag. People do know that deodorant is a thing, right?