part 30

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

My date with Dabi was this evening, and I wouldn't miss it for the world. However, the hero known for being "too fast" was now "too slow", as he moved sluggishly past the storefronts. Hawks dragged his feet against the pavement, tired from our morning training.

I hung my head low, patiently counting the amount of brick tiles below my feet. Hawks wings were a mere few inches in front of me, yet I restricted my body from bumping into his collection of feathers. Unfortunately, my hopes of not bumping into him were shattered onto the ground.

Hawks stopped abruptly, ticking me off immediately. "Hurry up, already!" Still, he didn't budge whatsoever.

His eyes were focused on a bulletin-board, one littered with old posters. I gripped onto Hawks' shoulder, still confused about the situation. "What are you looking at? Let's go-"

He had been examining posters, but not your ordinary advertisement. The bulletin-board was covered in posters, yes, but a specific one stood out more than the rest.

It was a missing poster, showcasing a boy with locks of hair similar to snow. He had sapphire eyes, closely related to Dabi's, and had been missing for nearly two decades. "Who's that?" I asked.

Hawks turned away, shunning his point of view from the poster. "Just someone I used to know." he said, before sighing and continuing to walk.

Behind Hawks' back, I tore the poster off the board. Reading the faded text, I could finally make out words. "Touya Todoroki" that last name sounded oddly familiar.  It was none other than the number one hero, Endeavor's family. I knew they had children, but I had never heard of "Touya".

"Missing for nearly two decades.." I pondered. Studying the kid's features more, I noticed something, and began to connect the dots. It was farfetched, and probably not true, but the missing kid looked nearly identical to Dabi.

The same sapphire eyes, and a premature version of his pointed nose. Even the hair was the same, but it displayed as white. The Todoroki family shares two quirks, ice and fire, and Dabi had nothing but a fire quirk.

Although, if Touya really was Dabi, why did he run away? Endeavor had been the second-ranked pro hero for years, and is now the number one hero. He could've had a life of such prosperity and respect.

Before Hawks could turn around, I shoved the wilting paper into my pocket. The expression on his face was disheartening, causing my gut to clench. "Hawks, wait." I said, interrupting the silence.

He turned around, saddened as ever. Then, I did something that I never expected to do. Out of pure instinct, my arms reached around Hawks' chest, holding him close. "I'm so sorry." I felt as Hawks' heavy breath gust my hair slightly, before the warmth of his wings encased my body.

"They'll find him soon, I'm sure of it." I continued, rubbing his back, and avoiding the base of his wings.

"Thanks, (Y/N). I sure hope they do." Hawks replied, before allowing me to pull away from his grip.

It would be inappropriate, but on our date I won't miss the chance to confront Dabi. Hawks seemed extremely devastated, I hadn't known he was that close to the Todoroki family.