part 21

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

Dabi let me off his shoulder, before walking up the concrete stairs to the blasted door. This building was disgusting, but hopefully things are better inside.

We climbed up a rotting stairwell, causing me to be terrified for my safety. The paint had been entirely peeled off the walls, and rusty bars hung from the torn ceiling.

"I know, it doesn't seem all that great. Just wait, it gets better." he comforted.

The stairs felt endless, but maybe it was just my fear getting ahead of me. Finally, Dabi had stopped at a certain floor. We were five stories high by now, and a singular door was awaiting us.

Dabi chuckled under his breath, before warning me. "Get ready."

He twisted the doorknob open, before standing aside. Suddenly, I was overwhelmed with a heavy weight. An intoxicating smell of perfume drowned my nostrils, as I heard the high-pitched voice from before. "Dabi!-"

The same golden-haired girl from before had charged me, her hands now gripping tightly around my shoulders. "Huh? You aren't Dabi!"

She looked surprised, and thought to herself for a moment, before grinning widely and showing me her fanged teeth. "Oh my gosh, it's you! The girl with the pretty hair.."

Dabi nudged in, shoving her away. "You're the girl with the supposed pretty hair?" he asked, whilst peering down at me.

"Hey! It's not supposed, it's the full truth! The prettiest locks of hair I've ever seen, other than my own, of course." she argued.

Gripping tightly onto my fingers, she then dragged me into the room. "Guys!" she exclaimed, stretching her words.

The room was dimly lit up by flickering lights, which were complimented with cheap candles. Several crates lingered in every corner, decorating the room. They even had a rug, but it was filthy and hadn't been washed for decades.

Panning my view around the room, it was easy to notice Dabi's other friends. One of them resembled a reptile, with cactus green skin and even a red scarf, similar to those old shows. The man had purple hair, which flew up in several wisps.

Another man hid in the shadows of the room. He wore a red shirt, one which he covered with a black vest. Although, I couldn't capture a good glimpse at his face, as he wore a mask that nearly hid all of his features. To top it all off, of course he had to be wearing a top hat. "What kind of friends does Dabi have?" I thought.

The girl's call alerted the other people in the room, especially drawing in the attention of a suited man. He looked similar to a superhero, but his actions said otherwise.

Without asking, the loud girl introduced me to all of them. "You've definitely met Dabi, so now you get to meet the rest!"

"The weird lizard guy? That's Spinner, but he's kinda quiet!"

"Mr. Compress is the masked one, he says a lot of funny jokes."

"Also, not to mention Jin! Though, you can call him Twice."

Now, they didn't have to introduce themselves. This was definitely a sudden change, but I was excited for the memories to come. I looked back at Dabi with plead in my eyes. "Save me." I begged, hoping he could somehow pick up my thoughts.