part 7

«───────« ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

Keeping my calm, I responded. "Thanks for letting me know." In realty, I was consumed by pure rage, one that burned with the power of a thousand flames. I waited impatiently for my boss to hang up the phone, before storming into Pinka's room.

"Dude!"

Pinka was caught off-guard, as she was spending her time scrolling throughout Twitter. Piles of books rested atop her sheets, all which belonged to the fantasy genre. "Uh, what's up?"

My words sputtered out in a tone I wasn't expecting. "Our damn boss is what's up, that's all! I have to shift tomorrow."

She hung her head, and whined loudly, whilst shutting her laptop. "Are you kidding me? I was so excited to show you my new outfit, too!"

I inhaled sharply, before releasing all of my stress. "I'm just going to shower and head to bed, goodnight."

Closing the door behind me, I left Pinka to her thoughts. The soles of my feet sunk into the hard flooring, as I made my way to the bathroom. I shut the door behind me, and flicked the light-switch on.

After twisting the nozzle, the familiar hot water spat out. I directed the water towards the shower head, and stepped in before closing the glass doors. My locks of hair shielded my sensitive skin from the stinging water, as I began to wash myself.

Now, I could ponder over everything. I had so many unanswered questions, ones that could only be fulfilled by Dabi. The lost expression he made yesterday portrayed a thousand feelings. Loneliness, yet a slight feeling of hope. Maybe my shift tomorrow would be another chance to see him, but I doubt it.

Once I had finished washing myself, I wrapped a clean towel around my body per usual. The heavy drops of water saturated my hair, causing it to drip liquid down my back. I squeezed my hair, wringing the excess water out.

The sound of still water-drops, and heavy footsteps filled the corridors of my apartment. After opening the door to my bedroom, I collapsed onto my mattress. Similar to Pinka, I had just wanted to be alone.

I had no intentions of sleeping, though. My thoughts were continuously overwhelming my head, causing me to stay wide-awake. Waves of conflict thrashed against the inside of my skull, causing me to bury my head into the soft pillows.

My fingertips endlessly scrolled down, passing the unfunny videos on my feed, and saving the ones I thought to be interesting. The pupils of my eyes were now bloodshot, stinging relentlessly each time I blinked.

Without noticing, the morning sky began to form. Patches of blue, and green clouded the heavens. I rolled onto my side, and gazed out the fogged windows, which were covered gently by my translucent curtains.

It was Sunday, meaning I had to leave for my shift later in the evening. Pinka wouldn't be there, but I felt confident in myself. Hopefully, it would be an opportunity to see Dabi again. Though, without sleep, I'm afraid I need a lot of caffeine today.

I groaned, as my body slid off the mattress. There's a greater chance of me staying awake if I got up now. Oddly, Pinka was awake. Dimmed noises coming from the television seaped under my door, she must've gotten up for a special episode of a show.