part 27

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

I was about to hop out of bed, before being restricted by a pair of muscular arms. Dabi grabbed ahold of me, wrapping his arms around my stomach. "Stay."

"Don't leave me for that chicken." he whined, speaking in a tired voice.

Before I could act, Dabi pulled me back onto his naked chest, ruining my momentum. I turned back, looking at his face. "Kiss me." he continued.

I gently placed my chapped lips onto his, similar to a puzzle with all of the fitting pieces. Dabi brought his hand to my hair, scrunching it and pulling me closer. "I love you, (Y/N)."

"Where's all this affection coming from?" I laughed, whilst moving aside strands of hair which blocked his jaw-dropping features. Dabi held me tighter, not releasing me from the warm embrace. He wasn't speaking anymore. "I love you more, though." I replied.

"Now let me go to my training." I was going to be late, and even though I didn't like Hawks, it would be cruel to waste his precious time. Finally, Dabi let me go. "Keep your guard up."

I threw on some baggy pants, and one of Dabi's shirts, before heading into the living room. Shigaraki did nothing but stare, as I dashed out the door. After trekking down the rotting stairwell, I finally made it outside, where Hawks was patiently waiting.

"Training day! Glad you could make it." he said excitedly. I rubbed my eyes, before standing beside him. These types of people always managed to get out of bed so early, prepared for anything. Do pros not experience any mental hardships?

"Damn, you look exhausted! Let's grab a bite, but now is the time to tell me if your stomach doesn't feel too great." he said, obviously guilty about the last time.

"No, I'm fine. We can get some food." I reassured, wondering where Hawks would take me now. He nodded, and allowed me to trail behind him on our walk.

It was early in the morning, and the smell of lemongrass still blanketed the area. The sky was a dull blue, and translucent dew drops were still hanging onto many wisps of grass. I was dragging myself, continuing to fall in and out of sleep.

I expected Hawks to take me to another one of those fancy pro restaurants, but we ended up at McDonalds. He seemed excited, scouting the menu for his favorite thing, chicken nuggets. "Ten piece, or twenty piece?" he mumbled.

A hoard of people crowded the outside, as if the chain restaurant wasn't packed already. They saw Hawks, and immediately wanted autographs and hugs.

"It's the wing hero, Hawks!"

"What is he doing at McDonalds?"

"Your feathers are so cool!"

I turned away, wrapping my cold fingers around my marked wrist. Hawks loved the attention, showing care to every fan. He got lost in the crowd, being drowned by praise and questions, almost forgetting about me.

However, Hawks didn't forget. He nudged my shoulder, asking for my order. "Are you interested?"

It was fast-food, but I was starving, and I knew that when I saw Hawks' meal I would want it. "I'll get the same."

He smiled, and placed our order. I leaned against the structure of the building, waiting patiently for our food, while Hawks fulfilled his fans' desire for attention.

One of the employees came over to me, and handed me a plastic bag filled with four chicken nugget boxes. "Two twenty-piece nuggets, here you go."

The cold breeze gust past me, causing my hair to slightly fly. I took the bag from his hands, and thanked the helpful employee. "Oh, thanks."

My eyes glared at the pro hero from behind, examining his costume. "That's convenient." I thought to myself, as the beige jacket he wore included holes for his vermillion wings. His vermillion wings, huh? They're basically his trademark. Though I admit, they're a beautiful set of feathers.

"Hey, chicken!" I called, waving the plastic bag in his face. Stars filled his golden pupils, as he excused himself from the crowd and sprinted over to me. Shuffling through the bag, he desperately looked for his nuggets.

"Let's go, already." I asked, before beginning to walk away. Hawks fell behind me curiously, studying my movement. I was walking in the direction of Dabi and I'd meadow, but then something interrupted me. "Where do you think you're going? Our training gym is that way." Hawks stopped.

I had completely forgotten, Hawks didn't know anything about the secret meadow. However, I wasn't sure if I was comfortable going to a pro-studio. "Oh." I sighed.

Pushing my doubts to the side, I followed Hawks to another building which grazed the clouds. He was giddy, and excited to train, while I was still finding the energy to move.

The elevator climbed tens of stories, before arriving at the eightieth floor. My shoes clacked against the glazed wood panels, as Hawks led me to his private gym.

Natural lighting illuminated the eightieth floor, as the walls were made of windows, allowing light to seep inside. You could nearly see the entire city from up here, as the view spread out for miles on end. "We don't have to train now. In fact, I'd rather finish these nuggets." Hawks reassured.

Before sitting on one of the benches, Hawks removed his fur-lined jacket from his shoulders, exposing the undergarments of his hero costume. His clothes were tight, gripping onto his abs, and not wanting to let go.

I sat next to him, unboxing my nuggets. Hawks, being the somewhat connoisseur of nuggets, then gave me some advice. "You know, there's a trick I like to do. Peel the skin off first, then eat both parts separately."

"That's disgusting! Why are you eating nuggets anyway? Aren't you a bird?" I said, laughing at him.

Hawks laughed with me, thankfully not offended by my joke. "I'm still a human, no need to get all feisty about it!"

Now, Hawks had noticed my aurous rings. Whilst bringing out a variety of different sauces, he began to ask me questions. "Rings? You getting married, or something?"

I was speechless for a moment, is this guy braindead? Who would get engaged with five rings on all fingers? "They help me control my quirk, you dumb bird." I responded, whilst taking a bite from a plain chicken nugget.

Hawks laughed even louder, his voice echoing off the  windows. He glanced away, ruffling his feathers, before using them as darts against the studio wall.

"You'll see." I giggled.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; THIS AINT A HAWKS X READER DONT WORRY

she doesn't like him 😭😭😭

artwork by: Keiid on twitter

words: 1116