part 19

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

For the next week, not only was our faces spread throughout social media, but wanted posters began to come up as well. Dabi always complained about them getting his nose wrong, but appearance was the least of my worries.

Now, when I dared to leave my house, I covered up like crazy. Wearing masks to cover my face, and just excusing it as being sick, or afraid of catching a cold. Pinka's tolerance with my actions grew less, but she allowed me to hangout with Dabi whenever I pleased.

I haven't shifted in weeks, so Pinka was our only provider. It terrified me to just think about what my boss may say, or even my fellow co-workers. However, today was Saturday, meaning I needed to get groceries.

Despite the crowd which filled the street, I felt strayed away. My head hung low, trying to conceal itself from the fear of stares. When I looked up, though, I was met with a frightening sight. It was a feather, but shaded in a bright, vermillion red.

"Hey!" those words rocked my legs.

Hawks was still patrolling around this part of the city. He usually never stayed in a place for such long periods of time, but here he was. The sound of flapping wings flew over me, before the man himself landed in front of my eyes. "I have a favor for you, kid."

"Why would I be interested in anything you had to offer me?" I remarked. Surely, he was up to something.

"Look around you! You wanna know what I don't see? Posters with your pretty little face on it." Somehow, he was right. The wanted posters, they had all been taken down.

"I'm guessing you're the cause of all this." I sighed. Now, I really did have to complete a favor for him.

He nodded his head in agreement, before speaking once more. "Let's talk over some food. I know a great place nearby!" I then walked beside Hawks, keeping my distance. His giant wings were such a nuisance, occasionally hitting me.

"Watch your wings, chicken!" I complained, snapping away from his personal circle. My loud complaints created a scene, drawing in stares from other people. However, Hawks played it off like it was nothing. He laughed, showing it off as a joke. "Real funny, kid. Real funny."

Hawks took me to a building which seemed to touch the heavens. "What kind of restaurant is in here?" I pondered over the subject. As the elevator ascended tens of stories above street level, Dabi's belief began to cloud my head.

"He's filthy rich. Is that his reason for becoming a hero?" Hawks was able to throw money around just like that. I mean, he barely knows me, yet he's taking me to a sky restaurant. A terrible gut feeling overwhelmed my senses, but I tried to stay calm. What is it that he could possibly want?

The restaurant was gleaming, every surface waxed. Mostly being illuminated by windows which covered the entire wall, the industrial lights became just complimentary. Pro-heroes gathered in the restaurant, cheering and passing through life with ease.

Lush plants decorated every corner, and the workers dressed in formal attire. I swallowed my guilt, someone like me didn't belong in a place like this. The presence of several other heroes made me uncomfortable, since I was technically a villain now.

"Table for two, please. Just by the window." Hawks requested. The host glared me down, I obviously wasn't of this class. Hawks interrupted her stare, by excusing me. "She's with me, don't worry about it."