part 38

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

Everything was the same, seemingly left untouched. The cold, metal doors, and the soundproof, concrete walls. Dabi's leather tuxedo seemed to glow under the moonlight, which also reflected off the smooth fabric of my crimson dress.

"Last name?" asked the masculine man in black.

I hung my head low, allowing Dabi to lead the way. Even with our masks hiding our identity, I still felt so exposed. "Hirose." Dabi responded, giving the last name we were assigned by boss.

The man in black scouted his digital pad, which seemed to ignore the new sprinkling drops of rain. He excused himself to the side, before allowing Dabi and I to enter the facility.

Similar to a blast, everything came flying at me. The horrid smell of body odor and sweat, along with the deafening rave music. I was nearly blinded by the shining lights, which reflected off the glass tiles.

Dabi's hand found themselves wrapped around my waist, tugging me closer with every passing second. While he was focused on our mission, my main priority was finding an old friend. My eyes inspected the stage, but she was nowhere to be seen.

"I see them." Dabi said, before disguising himself within the shade of the room.

He noticed my drift, and quickly made me snap out of it. "(Y/N), focus!"

I jumped slightly, before peeling my eyes away from the stage. Following behind Dabi, we stayed lingering in the darkness of the corner. "No matter what happens.." he mumbled, slipping his finger underneath my mask.

Dabi leaned in for a kiss, and gently topped his lips over mine. "Promise me, you'll stay alive."

His demeanor was unsettling, as Dabi had never done this before. Wasn't this just a simple mission? Or so I thought, before I spotted them. The pro heroes that decided to infiltrate the club this night, were none other than the U.A teachers.

Eraserhead, Present Mic, Vlad King, they were all here. I gripped onto Dabi's tuxedo, and nodded. "Same goes for you! Don't leave me, asshole."

He chuckled, and fit my mask back onto my skin. "You distract them, alright? Keep an eye out for my signal."

I took a deep breath of air, and swallowed my fear. Slowly approaching the bar, I sat idly beside the rugged man. His back was slouched, allowing his black locks of hair to flow down his shoulders.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, introducing myself to the intimidating pro. He seemed somewhat excluded from the rest, or atleast more approachable.

He turned his head, and looked at me with disappointing eyes. "Oh, hello."

The man's chin was blocked with scruff, as he took occasional sips of red wine. As I ordered a drink for myself, I could feel his eyes scoping my body language. I glanced my eyes over, locking with his. "Hmm?" I asked.

"Nothing. You just look familiar." he mumbled under his breath.

Then, a loud voice startled our peace. "Hey, hey! Why do you always get the pretty ladies, man?"