part 40

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

As I awoke from my dream state, I felt Dabi's hand grasped around my boob. He was passed out, and had fallen asleep while listening to me ramble throughout the night.

I slid my legs off the bed, making sure I wasn't disturbing his peace. After tossing on one of his graphic hoodies, I made sure to leave a note before I head out the door. "Getting your dye, I'll be back soon." I wrote, adding an additional heart to the stained paper.

It was approaching winter, so the temperatures were rapidly dropping. I hadn't expected it to be so cold yet, but now I had to deal with the sharp gusts of wind slicing through the fabric of my clothes. Thankfully, the supermarket was just a few blocks down.

Dabi's hood shaded my face, hiding my identity. I hung my head low, my eyes focusing on the street tiles beneath me. With winter incoming, villains were on the rise. Holiday presents were huge, and a big score for villains to steal.

With that being said, nearly everyone was on patrol. I took a moment to look up, my eyes searching for the nuisance I once found comfort in. "He used to patrol this area." I said to myself, chuckling.

However, I had no luck with finding the certain birdman. Then, my feet entered the supermarket, causing the automatic doors to make a ding. I made my way to the cosmetic aisle, searching for Dabi's raven dye.

As I walked away, his favorite raven dye in hand, a voice interrupted me. "You."

I paused the motion of my feet, and looked back, only to be met with the person I dreaded seeing. It was none other than Pro-Hero Eraserhead, who was cradling energy drinks and cat treats in his arms. "Oh, wow! I wouldn't have expected seeing a pro here, especially you. I'm a big fan, Eraserhead!" I lied.

"Quit playing stupid. Tell me what you're after." he demanded, seeing through my innocent act.

I flashed the filthy man the many tubes of raven dye, and shrugged my shoulders. "I'm just trying to get groceries. Nothing villainous about that." I laughed.

"Now, would you please let this innocent civilian go? You give pros a bad reputation." I teased, knowing my remark would tick him off.

He stood back, allowing me to make my way to the cashier. As I bundled the tubes of dye onto the conveyer, the feeling of his keen-eyes lingered along my spine. My sneakers tapped against the grody tiles, before I heard another familiar voice.

My cashier began to swoon, as her eyes glanced up at the hanging television. I directed my eyes towards what she was looking at, and saw the nuisance of a man. "Isn't he handsome?" my cashier drooled.

It was Hawks, who had grown out his hair slightly. I remembered his intimidating, yet comforting golden eyes. Turning back around, I patiently waited for the cashier to finish scanning. "I guess." I responded.

She continued to ramble, and was an obvious fangirl of the birdman. I looked to the side, and was met with Eraserhead's suspicious eyes. "He's young, strong, and rich! Did you hear of that incident, though?" she asked.

Showing blatant discomfort, time now seemed to pass slower. I needed to keep calm, so I took a deep inhale of oxygen before opening my mouth once more. "Incident?" I curiously asked.

"Hawks went quirkless a few years ago. I heard he was attacked by a villain with a strong fire quirk!" she responded. I could just feel Eraserhead's interest increase, as he awaited my next words of feedback.

"Damn, hope he's alright." I said, swallowing my fear and making short talk.

After packing my plastic bags, the cashier apologized for rambling. "Sorry about that, I sometimes get ahead of myself." she said, before handing me coins of change on a blue tray.

My hands flailed slightly, trying to ease her embarrassment. "No, no! It's alright."

She smiled at me, before I made my way out of the supermarket. I aimlessly admired the glass displays from the other storefronts. "Maybe someday.." I mumbled to myself.

Before heading on the trail back home, I remembered to watch my surroundings. It was Hawks who taught me that, to make sure I watch my back. I looked down my golden rings, and flexed my pale fingers out. "I wonder if you ever think of me, Keigo."

He was far gone from my life, and was surely never coming back. Dabi and Keigo were incompatible, none of it was ever supposed to happen. Though, I wish we could've been friends for just a bit longer. I climbed up the rotting stairwell to my apartment, and twisted open the door once more.

When I looked at Dabi, the first thing I noticed was his hair. More white streaks were visible, and he seemed to be keeping control. I quickly locked the door behind me, before sprinting towards my boyfriend. He was pacing his fingers over the note I wrote, waiting patiently for my arrival.

"Hey! I'm back. We can dye your hair, now." I said, patting his scarred back.

Dabi nodded, as we then made our way to the bathroom. I began to re-dye his hair, the smell of artificial chemicals now encasing the room. "You wanna know what happened while I was out?"

"Oh? Enlighten me." Dabi responded, happy with the current progress of his hair.

"I bumped into Eraserhead, and saw Keigo on television." I said, whilst thoroughly mixing the dye through Dabi's hair.

Dabi seemed to pause, as he tilted his head down towards the sink. "Were you followed?"

I finished dying his hair, and stepped back to admire it free of white. "Of course not. You know me better than that." I giggled.

"He was with Endeavor, just the usual. I don't know what he sees in him." I continued.

Dabi chuckled, and pulled the transparent shower-cap over his head, allowing the dye to soak in. "Keigo has always been like that."

"Ever since we were kids, he always looked up to father. Tch, fucking loser." he complained, before stepping up from his wooden stool.

I followed Dabi out into our living room, where he then made his way into the kitchen. He flung open the freezer, and pulled out a popsicle. Almost immediately, it began to melt, the sticky juice running down his wrist.

Through the berry-colored liquid, I could almost make out Dabi's painted black nails. I got up onto the counter, situating myself. "You never told me, but."

"How did you and Keigo meet?" I asked.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; aizawa pls leave y/n alone you'll get a chance with her in another fanfic 🙄🙄

artwork by: samarasofiii on DeviantArt
words: 1137