part 9

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

It was none other than Dabi. His eyes glowed in the dimness of the alleyway. The usual, heavy jacket he wore was ripped, and hanging desperately onto his charred elbows. He breathed heavily, before kicking a limp corpse to the side.

"H-huh? Who's that?" I asked.

An array of steam excreted from his gory skin, was his flesh burning? His build towered over two, unresponsive bodies. After examining them more, I realized. "Dabi, those are the men-"

He cut me off, using a gasp of air to speak. "You think I don't know that?"

The smell of burnt flesh was overwhelming. I know didn't want to breathe it in, but I had to. My feet moved on their own, despite the tall heels that were currently giving them blisters. Bringing his arm over my shoulder, I supported Dabi's weight with my body. "Hey, it's alright. You're going to be okay."

I turned my head backwards, and was met with the sight of two, dead corpses. The scene pushed me onto the verge of tears. They didn't deserve that, even if they harassed me that morning. However, Dabi was my main focus right now. He groaned lightly into my ear, as we began to walk.

"Aren't you scared of me?" he asked.

Is he seriously asking me that? Those men were alive just yesterday, they didn't know their lives would end so shortly. "I'm fucking terrified."

"But you're hurt, and I'm going to help you." I continued.

There was a convenience store just down the street, and I could tell it was open, because the lights were still on. I walked slowly with Dabi, pulling his jacket back over his scars. "You're going to scare someone looking like that."

Dabi turned his head, flinging his raven hair in my face. "Tch."

My body felt sticky from the dried sweat, of course this incident had to happen now. I rolled my eyes, and entered the small convenience store. Dabi stunk, his body odor and burnt flesh filled my mouth with an unpleasant sour taste.

I unwrapped Dabi's arm from my shoulder, and stumbled with him into the medicine aisle. "Bandages, bandages.." I accidentally said aloud.

All these medical supplies were going to deplete my tips that I got from tonight, but I was okay with that.  Dabi and I lined up at the counter, awaiting a cashier. He piled the medical supplies onto the counter, and watched me closely as I paid.

I placed my money onto the usual tray, and handed it over to the cashier. She counted and separated the bronze coins from emerald bills. Once I had finished paying, I signaled Dabi to follow me into the bathroom. I know it sounds weird, but I'll patch him up in here.

He had nearly been silent the entire night, before breaking that record. "You don't have to do this, you know."

I washed my hands, and grabbed ahold of a paper towel. Drenching the paper towel in antiseptic, I began to pat his wounds. "I want to. We're friends, after all."

Dabi's arm twitched in reaction to the antiseptic, which also caused him to groan faintly. "Shit, that stings."

"I'm sorry, I know." I had now finished disinfecting the wounds, time to apply bandages. To the best of my ability, I wrapped the fresh bandages around his arms.