part 12

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

I rushed back into my bedroom, my palm vibrating at the feel of each text he sent. All of the lights in the apartment were off, and Pinka was nowhere to be seen. A feeling of accomplishment broadcasted throughout my body, she wasn't going to be home for several hours.

He texted me at the perfect time, I could easily sneak out now while Pinka is away. After flicking on the bathroom light switch, I began to tie my hair. Dabi's clothes were comfortable, but I was still weary about the substances which stained his pants.

Once I had finished touching up, I desperately searched throughout my closet. "Good enough." I said, as I quickly grabbed an oversized graphic tee and a pair of pajama shorts.

I glided Dabi's baggy pants down my legs, and pulled his large shirt over my head. After nearly tripping throughout my sprint to the door, I regained my balance and smiled, as I jogged down the stairwell.

Dabi had texted me a location, a suspicious one too. However, I know he wouldn't hurt me. He could've killed me ages ago, but all he's done is protect me.

I ran as fast I could, shoving my way past innocent people on the street. Pinka wouldn't be gone forever, so it was a race against the clock. Dabi's location eventually led me to a sidewalk, one that was dimly lit up by flickering streetlights.

"Hold on." I was confused, as my surroundings were just a barren neighborhood. An array of pine trees were lined nicely, decorating the borders of the street.

After re-examining the location he sent, I was positive that this was the place. Although, Dabi was nowhere to be seen. Suddenly, a compelling voice came from the trees.

"(Y/N)." the low voice said. I followed the tone, and was greeted with Dabi's eyes, which seemed to glow in the shade of the flora.

Dabi signaled me, requesting for me to follow him, so I did. He walked with his hands in his pockets, whilst allowing a smug expression to flourish across his face. "Hurry up." he said confidently.

As we trudged farther into the forest, our surroundings became more dense and overgrown. Mossy rocks and lush grass hugged the base of my sneakers. Eventually, Dabi came to a stop.

A broad expanse of grass and flowers awaited us. Fireflies danced and paraded throughout the sky, illuminating the area with a citrine glow. I took my shoes off, just to feel the comfort of the wisps of grass on the soles of my feet.

The grass felt thick, yet gentle on my skin. It swayed in rhythmic motions, flowing with the current of the breeze. Rays of moonlight gleamed down onto the meadow, lighting up the area. While the other parts of the forest were overgrown, the meadow seemed to be excluded.

I took a deep inhale of air, before turning to face Dabi. He wasted no time, and had already removed his heavy cloak from his broad shoulders. The brisk, gusts of the air were flowing upwards into his blouse,  causing it to fly up slightly.

"Dabi, why did you take me here?" I asked, whilst approaching him.

His muscular build towered over me, as he peered his eyes down. "You know.." he said, before taking ahold of my arm. I hesitated, and twitched my body before adjusting to the feeling of his skin on mine.