part 39

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

I instantly turned around, squinting my eyes as I tried to see through the blue flames. It was her, my old friend. Pinka's body was glistening with sweat, probably caused by the intense heat.

"Pinka!" I exclaimed, reaching my hand out towards the fire. Where was she this whole time? She was present at the club, but why couldn't I find her until now?

Dabi followed my actions, and turned around. His spiky hair was now falling back into place, as the gel slowly wore off due to the intensity of the flames. Before my feet could move, and speedily make their way towards my old friend, Dabi stopped me. "Stay."

I could just about hear Este's jingles, before the ceiling of the club came crashing down. Dabi's azure flames filled my pan of vision, as the familiar clinking slowly died out. The cold, glass tiles hit hard against my knees, bruising them as I fell on all fours.

"Pinka?" I mumbled, asking in hopes of a response, yet there was none. The structure of the building was melting, but I wanted to stay. Crystal tears fell from my waterline, cooling the top of my hands even with the surrounding, harsh flames.

Dabi picked my limp body off the ground, cradling me in his arms as he wandered outside the metal doors. I stayed silent, my dead eyes looking up to beneath his chin. My slender legs hung off his arms, as he carried me like a hopeless princess.

His mouth stayed sealed, as his feet made their way to a safer environment. The sprinkles of rain from before had developed into something more severe, and it was now beginning to pour upon us. Despite the intense rain, Dabi and I's creation still burned strongly with the furies of a thousand.

I gripped tightly onto his leather tuxedo, as the cold rain sunk into the fabric of my satin dress. "Apologize, now." I demanded.

"Nothing to apologize for." Dabi responded, whilst holding me closer in an attempt to shield me from the falling rain.

My streaming tears were camouflaged by the cold drops, as my curled hair converted back into it's original state. "Sometimes, you really do live up to your nickname. You damn asshole."

"I could say the same for you, my princess." he remarked, giggling. Dabi stroked my head with his fingers, running them through my wisps of hair. Holding onto the last sparks of hope, which still continued to linger inside of my body, I then prayed for Pinka's safety.

I truly loved Dabi, but at this certain moment, there was nothing more I wanted than to beat his ass right on the street. At the club, he seemed so heartless. I fluttered my eyelashes, eventually shutting my eyelids.

After what felt like hours, we had finally arrived back home. Dabi brought me to our bedroom, carefully placing my delicate body upon the sheets. My damp streaks of hair flowed off the edge of the bed, as I watched Dabi undress in front of my eyes.

He approached the edge of the bed, and slid my satin dress down my cold legs. Dabi dressed me in my usual pajamas, before planting a soft kiss on my thighs. I laid in our bed, my body limp and cold, as I desperately held onto hope.

Dabi had left, but was now back with hot food. I sat upright, taking the bowl of corn soup from his hands. My fingers were cold against the plastic bowl, in defiance with the seeping heat. The liquid in the serving began to ripple, as salty tears fell from my pupils.

No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't gather enough strength to lift the spoon. I put the bowl of soup aside, and laid back on our messed sheets. Dabi saw right through my hidden face, and immediately laid down beside me.

I gripped onto his tattered shirt, and buried my crying eyes in-between the cloth. Dabi's arms wrapped around me, holding me close as he whispered sweet nothings into my ear. "God, (Y/N)."

"You look so pretty when you cry." he said, whilst caressing my wet cheek with his thumb.

The lights were off, and I couldn't see anything if it wasn't illuminated by the room's L.E.Ds. Dabi rubbed my back, and rested his head atop mine. "There's nothing to be scared of. She's okay, I promise."

My voice came out in patches, with several cracks in-between. "How do you know that?"

Dabi began to chuckle, as he then blanketed our bodies with the covers. "A club full of those hardheaded pros, and you really think they wouldn't aim to get everyone out safely?"

I looked up at Dabi with my puffy eyes, and saw him glaring right back at me. Our eyes locked, as his words increased the level of hope I was clinging onto. My fingers gripped tighter onto his stained shirt, as I tried my best to form a smile with the corners of my lips.

He flashed a smile back at me, causing butterflies to circle in my stomach. By now, you would think that I couldn't get them anymore, but I sure as hell did. "Dabi."

Dabi rubbed his cheek against my head, grazing his skin over my drying hair. "Mhm?" he asked.

"I love you." I whispered, before planting a kiss upon his pale forehead. I watched as his cheeks flushed a sudden pink, before he returned the favor. "I love you more, (Y/N)."

For a few moments, we stayed silent. Until, I decided to break the chain of crickets. "I don't think that was really owed money."

"You're always right behind me. I know it's not owed money." Dabi responded in a serious tone of voice.

"What could boss possibly want with the money? Isn't it just like any other bill of cash?" I asked, pondering over the many reasons.

"Tracking. He'll find traces of D.N.A and use it for tracking, simple as that." he said, before groaning softly and closing his gnarled eyes.

"That makes sense." I said to myself.

Dabi was falling asleep, but there were still more things I wanted to say. "One last question!" I interrupted.

He mumbled under his breath, reassuring me that he was indeed listening.

"Do you think Pinka misses me?" I asked, which was my final question for the night.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; she's back yall 🙄🙄 what are your opinions on pinka?

artwork by: emmalfiart
words: 1086