part 29

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

Today was dreaded, as I had to train my agility with Hawks, and my calves were sore from last night with Dabi. Once again, it was early morning, and the chicken was patiently awaiting me from outside the base.

It had been about a week after I began to train with the number two hero, and I noticed more pain than results. "You look good today, got some kind of glow to your face." he exclaimed, already prepared for the day ahead.

That glow was from the night before, it was none other than an after-sex symptom. I groaned, still aching from last night, but Hawks didn't know that. "Are you trying out a new brand of moisturizer?"

"No."

"You wearing sunscreen, or something?"

"Yes, but nope."

"How about a pill? Like those vitamin pills for women."

"None of that."

After continuing to bug me, he then noticed my jittering knees. My tired expression, sore calves, and morning glow helped him connect the dots. "Oh."

I couldn't help but laugh at his innocence. Hawks is known for his keen eyes and intelligence, but couldn't even pick up these blatant hints. "We don't have to walk today, then."

"Let's fly together!" he continued. I immediately began to furiously shake my head, not consenting to anything he was about to do.

Hawks ruffled his feathers, before wrapping his arms around my stomach. He extended his wings, and took a leap off the ground, causing bloodcurdling screams to seep from the seal of my lips. "Aah! No, no!"

I swung my legs, kicking at his boots. The pro hero laughed, before soaring through the sky. As we grew higher in altitude, I felt as my ear canals popped. From up here, everything and everyone seemed so small.

The air was dense, and the temperature cold, yet the thrill of the ride kept me warm. It was early morning, and you could feel the humidity in the air. Wind whistled past my ears, sending my locks of hair at Hawks' face. "You stupid chicken! I'm gonna kick your ass!"

My deafening screams could be heard from the street, as crowds of people peered up at the odd sight. Hawks could barely contain his laughter, as he teasingly allowed me to slip slightly from his hold. "Devil chicken!" I cried repeatedly.

I shut my eyes, before finally feeling a relieving sensation of the ground. He took to the skies in hopes of helping my aches, but all Hawks did was worsen them.

Soft wisps of grass tickled my ankles, as I then opened my eyes to my surroundings. Hawks had taken me to a spot in the forest, it wasn't like our past studio. The ground was soft, and I was ticked off by this devil chicken, so I decided to rest. Surrounding myself with a cloud of gas, I then allowed my body to relax against the blades.

Hawks stayed cautious, not wanting to even trek near the still cloud of gas. I yawned, before curling into a ball and pretending to sleep. "Bye bye."

Over a mere few seconds, Hawks' tone of voice completely changed. "Time to get serious. Get up, (Y/N)."

He sounded scary, so of course I obeyed him. I got out from my cloud of smog, and listened closely to his directions. "Run, it's as simple as that. You have an advantage over me, as my wings don't work well with the structure of the forest. Yell if you need anything." he said, before expecting me to dash off into the distance.

After a week of training, I was finally able to channel gas from two rings, instead of one. Under Hawks' supervision, I felt myself getting stronger. I paraded into the distance, occasionally twirling and feeling my hair, while releasing two streams of melatonin gas behind me.

Hawks' boots were loud, creating marks every time he stepped into the soil. I could hear them from afar, and now I could tell the distance between us. He wasn't looking to use his wings, as they would get easily caught in the trees, however he used individual feathers.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a vermillion feather speed right past me. I've learned that Hawks' feathers are more than just aspects to his quirk, in fact, they're incredible soldiers in his arsenal.

His feather trailed behind me, showing Hawks my exact location. My calves were going through absolute hell, but for some odd reason I decided to climb a tree at that moment. The feather followed me up to the branch, twirling and playing with my hair. "Stop teasing me, chicken."

The feather wouldn't stop, it curled and turned, and tickled my ears. I laughed at the soft touch, nearly falling off the sturdy branch. "Okay, stop. You almost made me fall."

I hung my legs over the branch, waiting patiently for Hawks to arrive. After a few minutes, his magnificent pair of wings finally became visible. Glaring down at him from above, I showed obvious discomfort at the height. "Don't come any closer!"

Hawks laughed, before sending a swarm of his crimson feathers towards me. I screamed loudly, causing birds to fly away in the distance, as Hawks tickled me with his feathers. "You're a good person, (Y/N)."

He paused the momentum of his pesky feathers, before continuing. "Why do you associate with the league? There's so much more to you than that."

"This is sudden.." I thought to myself. However, it confirmed my theory. Hawks was indeed a double agent, but I seemed to be the only one that knew. "And your relationship with Dabi, it's unacceptable." he complained.

I stayed frozen atop the branch, as I stopped swinging my legs. "Hawks, I don't think it's your place to tell me who I hang around. We aren't friends, or anything-"

"I see you as a friend, (Y/N). A lost girl, seeking change in all the wrong places." he interrupted. "I'll ask you again, why do you associate with the league?"

"There's no point in telling you. You're just going to report it to the police." I caught on. However, Hawks wasn't surprised. He probably suspected I knew already, and therefore was more comfortable with me.

"That's true, but I believe you can atone for your past actions. Your crimes can barely be considered illegal, they're just troll acts." Hawks said, before lifting my body off the branch with his feathers.

He rubbed my head, before aiding my sore calves with his feathers. "The league saved me." I responded.

"And, Dabi is the only real person I have."

Hawks looked conflicted, but he accepted my answer. He was about to speak, before I interrupted his train of thought. "Do you really consider me as a friend?"

"Hell yeah!" he exclaimed, walking away from me. Then, Hawks turned his head back. "Alright, that's enough training for today. Your knees can't handle it right now, but I'm sure they'll adjust."

For the rest of our walk, Hawks helped me make my way back to the base. He considered me a friend, but I wasn't ready to trust him just yet. Over the course of the next week, I spent hours training with his intense regimen, improving my quirk greatly.

However, nothing could've prepared me for what was about to come.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; hawks stop trying to convert y/n into becoming a hero we all know her heart only belongs to one man 😭😭😭

artwork by: necoviii on instagram

words: 1256